Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do You Need To Have A Degree In Finance?

From my perspective I do not think owning a financial degree makes you better at managing finances but how you where brought up is even more important in managing your finances than a degree
I agree with you to an extent. There are some people who do not have degrees in finances but they are so good in financial management. So many business people didn't even have a degree in finance.

Advertisement Placeholder
I agree with you to an extent. There are some people who do not have degrees in finances but they are so good in financial management. So many business people didn't even have a degree in finance.
That is right. Financial management is something that you can learn even from just watching your parents do it while you were a child. They could also have impacted you with the skill by giving you an allowance and making you save and spend it well.

That is right. Financial management is something that you can learn even from just watching your parents do it while you were a child. They could also have impacted you with the skill by giving you an allowance and making you save and spend it well.
Yes, what have discovered is that someone who did not learn financial Management as a child will find it very difficult to be financially disciplined. Parents should take the responsibility of instilling financial discipline into their children.

Not at all, I strongly know that having a degree in finance is of little to no effect to making your finances work.
The richest man in the world has no college degree even though he was self taught.
Definitelly that is just the basic fact,because the issue of having a theoritical knowledge about the business environment does not really translate to success in the field,you will need to learn from the real market.

Definitelly that is just the basic fact,because the issue of having a theoritical knowledge about the business environment does not really translate to success in the field,you will need to learn from the real market.

I think that both practical and theoretical knowledge are important for your business. This is because both of them are important if you truly want to make your business more successful.

I think that both practical and theoretical knowledge are important for your business. This is because both of them are important if you truly want to make your business more successful.
I am not underplaying the issue of having a theoretical knowledge about this field of finance,it is as important as having the field knowledge and experience,but you will need both to succeed.

Yes, what have discovered is that someone who did not learn financial Management as a child will find it very difficult to be financially disciplined. Parents should take the responsibility of instilling financial discipline into their children.
This is something that parents should definitely start doing. It is what I will do when I have my own children. I will start teaching them financial management so early. So right now is the best time for me to learn and practice before I start teaching my own generation.

This is something that parents should definitely start doing. It is what I will do when I have my own children. I will start teaching them financial management so early. So right now is the best time for me to learn and practice before I start teaching my own generation.
Yeah, it is very important and necessary that parents try as much as possible to teach their children financial management. It will help them to be prudent with money.

That is right. It is beneficial but not necessary. There are so many resources to learn about personal finance without having to sit in class for four years. So you can easily learn personal and business financial management if you explore those resources.
Yes, there are many book that you can read about finances that'll help you a lot in managing money and have the understanding of finance. It's not necessary to have degree in finances before you can have much knowledge about finance.

I am not underplaying the issue of having a theoretical knowledge about this field of finance,it is as important as having the field knowledge and experience,but you will need both to succeed.
You're absolutely right by saying this, i think the both of them work hand in hand, putting them all together brings about spike to profit. As we all believe that knowledge is power.

Yes, there are many book that you can read about finances that'll help you a lot in managing money and have the understanding of finance. It's not necessary to have degree in finances before you can have much knowledge about finance.

I usually read e-books. There are so many people who read e-books regularly and they tend to gain much knowledge. I think that good ebooks should be recommended.

a degree is not always the good judge for financial intelligence, as i have seen economists in a very poor financial condition, i have also seen people without finance degrees making good financial decision.

a degree is not always the good judge for financial intelligence, as i have seen economists in a very poor financial condition, i have also seen people without finance degrees making good financial decision.
Yeah, sometimes I think that mindset can also help people to build a very good financial Management skills and strategies. Their experiences can also help them with that in some cases.

That is right. Financial management is more about you mindset and behaviour with money rather than having a degree. Anyone can learn financial management without sitting for a four year course.

If you want to join a company in the finance department or want to teach finance in college, you surely heed a finance degree, however., you don't need a finance degree to improve your finance.

Yeah, sometimes I think that mindset can also help people to build a very good financial Management skills and strategies. Their experiences can also help them with that in some cases.

There are many people who make good money without degree. This is usually because they had great skills when it comes to making more money. They never learned how to make money at school! Life taught them this lesson.

Personally I think there is absolutely no need to have a degree in finance before you can be able to run a business because there are alot of successful business men out there that don't even go to school.

Personally I think there is absolutely no need to have a degree in finance before you can be able to run a business because there are alot of successful business men out there that don't even go to school.
Yeah, most business people are school dropouts. Some did not even go up to university. Yet they are so good at running business and managing finances. It means they found a way to learn it outside school.

Yeah, most business people are school dropouts. Some did not even go up to university. Yet they are so good at running business and managing finances. It means they found a way to learn it outside school.

I have met many people who have never completed their education. They are good at economics, though. However, they are good when it comes to managing business. They are not professional economists.

Every human was created with a management instinct that comes alive as you grow up. It's just that some people fail to respond to this instinct and are extravagant. You don't need a degree in financial management to know how to manage finances. If you are reckless with finances, reality would teach you the hard way.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds