Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you like wearing a tie?

Advertisement Placeholder
No. I remember when I was in primary school and for a while, the uniform was a tie, polo shirt, and a navy blue jumper and I absolutely hated wearing the tie, it was such as pain. My kids now have to wear a tie with their blazer and a shirt for school but nowadays they are clip-on ties so not quite as annoying as the ties you have to tie yourself. They don't seem to mind the clip-on ties.

Ties choke me like I want to commit suicide. It's why I hate wearing them. Any event that requires me to wear a tie and go to it, I wouldn't be attending it.

I really feel sorry for those their line of work requires them to wear a tie almost every day. Take for instance bankers. I wouldn't be comfortable working as a banker.
They also tuck in their shirts too which was something I did only when I was still in high school. Even then, it was very difficult for me to do it unless I saw my principal coming then, I would be forced to.

I'm not especially fond of them... I only wear them on formal occasions, and I usually have to Google "How to tie a tie"!
Till date, I still don't know how to knot a tie. When I had to wear it in the past, it was my friend that helped me to do that. I'm not sure if I would still subject myself to learning it.

I wonder how much of a cultural difference; here in the UK it's utterly normal for boys to wear ties as part of school uniform until 16 or so, and the first few years of my corporate life were shirt/tie until I ended up being in the full suit-tie because I went up the corporate ranks.

Last time I wore a regular tie, job interview in 2015. Last time wearing a suit (bow-tie) was 2017 to go to the opera.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 75.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds