Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you like elevator or stairs?

Advertisement Placeholder
I haven't got a phobia of stairs or lifts, but I do have a phobia of escalators so if there is no option other than the escalators I tend to not bother. I never used to be worried about escalators until I unfortunately was with my Mum and even though she had hold of my hand, I slipped on the escalators and my mum lost grip of my hand, and I fell from top to bottom. Luckily, I wasn't too hurt, but it did scare me, and I never went on escalators again and still to this day refuse to.

Walking up the staircase is very tiring for me. I can't live in the second floor of any building. If it's not downstairs or max the first floor, I'm not going to live there. If it's possible to have elevator in all houses, I would like it.

I prefer elevators... but then again I have nothing to be afraid of because I have knowledge and keys that in an emergency I can commandeer most elevators anyway. I also have a fundamental understanding of their inner workings which helps... meanwhile stairs can take too long to get somewhere and tire you out, especially in taller buildings.

I don't mind the 'down' part of stairs so much but I resent the 'up' part a bit more haha. Just before Christmas, for long complicated reasons, we had to spend a few days in a couple of different hotels; the first one we were in the fifth floor and the lift was out. That was... exhausting :(

I don't mind the 'down' part of stairs so much but I resent the 'up' part a bit more haha. Just before Christmas, for long complicated reasons, we had to spend a few days in a couple of different hotels; the first one we were in the fifth floor and the lift was out. That was... exhausting :(
Sad Family Time GIF by Lifetime

Couldn't resist, lol.

Yeah, that was pretty much us carrying our luggage up 5 flights of stairs.

Yeah, that was pretty much us carrying our luggage up 5 flights of stairs.
The hotel potters should have carried the luggages. If they didn't, the hotel have a poor customer service. I wouldn't use their services a second time.

There weren't any porters either as it was a late booking and the porters had gone home. The person who checked us in was also the night porter... over the three days we were there, I think I counted a total of about 8 staff including the cleaners!

And no, won't be going there again. It was literally chosen as the nearest hotel to our house because we had to leave our house for a few nights owing to having no bed...

Stairs because:
  1. I’ll probably get to the second floor before the elevator doors open...I may or may not be racing the elevator
  2. I don’t have to be in a confined space with strangers
  3. I don’t have to worry about stairs malfunctioning- maybe just my legs/feet
  4. Get to excuses rather than being lazy.
  5. It's fast by stairs if you run rather then a lift up :p

I don't mind, but if there is an elevator there, I'll use it.
It also depends on what floor I need to be on. If it is one of the top floors, I'll use the elevator but if it's one of the first floors, I'll use the stairs.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 75.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds