Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you leave bad reviews?

MrDawn

Reputable member
When you feel like you've been treated unfairly by an employee of a business, do you go on Google or Yelp and leave them bad reviews or do you just leave it be?

I rarely leave bad reviews, the only time I've left a bad review was on this site called Listia. I didn't get all the Pokemon cards I was supposed to get after winning a auction, and gave the person a bad review. He quickly realized that I didn't get all the cards I was supposed to, so he send me a private message and apologized so I removed my bad review. I got the cards eventually not too long after that. If I get bad service at a restaurant I just fill out their survey that comes with the receipt.

I usually never review businesses in general, but if someone was intentionally rude or the staff overall was just very displeasing, I may very well leave a negative review on such services to let people know what they might be dealing with when they go there. Now, when it comes to general "feedback" like on eBay and trading sites, I've had to leave negative feedback due to either not receiving my end or my end being in worse condition than described.

No, I only leave reviews when the service was above and beyond excellent. I had a dental phobia so severe that I would have full mental breakdowns just waiting in the lobby of a dentist's office. When I finally found a kind and patient dentist, I made sure to leave a review about it for anybody like myself looking for the same thing. In general, I can't think of any experiences with a business so bad that I felt the need to leave any kind of review about it but I suppose if it was criminally negligent or something serious, I might.

They have to make me really really upset in order to get a bad review. If I am merely displeased, even leaving a review is basically a waste of my time. They need to earn my hatred, lol.

I'm not the KAREN type, but I gotta admit a lot of fast food has gotten bland, but I'm not the type to complain. I see it as not cool.

I leave positive reviews mainly when I am motivated to do so. I'll leave constructive critiques where appropriate, but rarely without praise, because if the establishment isn't worth it, I just won't ever return. The way I see it, the demise is usually inevitable and my two cents won't help it along.

I hate it when bad reviews are given that are not deserved. In fact, that can kill a lot of independent businesses.

Only when I've had dreadful experiences. For example, I recently left a one-star review for a train company that cancelled two trains in a row at short notice without explanation, leaving me and my partner stranded away from home. (We did get our money back in the end, but it took an entire month >_< ) .

It's not something I enjoy doing, but I will if I feel I have to!

As much as I hate bad reviews, they might be necessary to alert places to get better and alert customers to avoid those places.

When facing unfair treatment from a business employee, it is constructive to provide feedback to help improve their services. I always consider leaving a constructive review on platforms like Google or Yelp, highlighting my experience and suggesting areas for improvement.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds