Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you know how to play music?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Does anyone here know how to play music? Maybe from playing an instrument, to singing, to writing music even. I sadly do not have the talent for music, though I am a big fan of it. I wish I paid attention in music class growing up, and took an active interest in learning music. I have ideas for songs and stuff, and don't know a single thing about proper way of music production. That's on me. But I can still learn, I'm just too lazy lol.

Advertisement Placeholder
I have small knowledge on how to play a guitar and piano. I used to be in our church choir, so we usually have lessons on how to play some musical instruments.

The only musical instrument that I really want to learn how to play in a professional level is violin. I know it's similar to a guitar but it's very different and unique.

I haven't played an instrument in a long time but in the past I have sung, and played the piano, keyboard, violin and also the cornet and for a while, I was able to read music really well and able to play songs using music that was written with just notes.

I believe if I was to go back and play again on any instrument I used to play, some things may come back to me but I may also need to learn some again that I had forgotten.

I didn't have much of a music background either, but I've dabbled in playing instruments and setting up a home studio for my own enjoyment. You don't need to spend a fortune; a decent PC, studio monitors, and an audio interface it's enough.

Many years ago, I went to a guitar class. After 6 weeks I found out that despite having interest, I did not have a natural talent to learn guitar. So I gave up. These days I do not even remember a single cord. I do not play another other musical instruments. However, I like listening to music.

I didn't have much of a music background either, but I've dabbled in playing instruments and setting up a home studio for my own enjoyment. You don't need to spend a fortune; a decent PC, studio monitors, and an audio interface it's enough.
To add more details: I went the budget-friendly route. I grabbed a decent condenser mic, an affordable interface, and used some everyday items to improvise — like hanging thick blankets for sound dampening. I upgraded bit by bit; a pop filter here, a better software there, always based on what I felt was limiting my sound the most. You can see this home studio essentials for more tips.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds