Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Do you have an article section?

Shawn Gossman1

Legendary member
Administrator
Website
www.shawngossman.com
Credits
How do you feel about an article section for a forum?

For niche forums, this task would usually be relatively easy.

For a forum like FAF, it's super easy if you know a lot about the subject as I do.

For a general forum, you could do it but it would be harder. Maybe create "Interesting stuff" articles talking about interesting facts that most people wouldn't know about.

Articles can be great for SEO (if you write them right) and good for overall community engagement.

Do you maintain an article section? What are your articles about?

Advertisement Placeholder
I enjoy writing a lot.

I freelance write. I write for a few daily blogs. I write for my forums and social media.

I think forums that have article sections need to be from forum owners who actually enjoy writing.

I really think you should enjoy writing from the start to run a forum in the first place.

I wanted to add a blog module to my forum. Then decided against it. Mainly because that will take my focus away from the forum.
That's why I have an articles section.

I could have integrated WordPress.

I could have used AMS or a blog addon.

But I feel like keeping it on the main forum function keeps everyone on the forum.

It's one less thing someone has to get used to.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds