Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Do you ever see yourself not owning a forum or even participating in one?

Advertisement Placeholder
I want to own my current forum for as long as I possibly can and as long as the service remains open, but sometimes our interests/hobbies change in life, and we start getting involved with other things that take up our time. I'm sure I'll at least always participate in forums until perhaps I grow very old and it may no longer be an interest of mine.

This is an interesting question, but I think the target audience is wrong.

The world, at large, has overehrlmingly spoken. Users are okay building massive communities on hosted platforms, from YouTube to Reddit to Facebook to Discord to Amino Apps to MeWe to all the other online networks. Those group builders don't actually own anything, and they're okay with it.

It's a very small group that wants to actually "own" their own forums.

This is an interesting question, but I think the target audience is wrong.

The world, at large, has overehrlmingly spoken. Users are okay building massive communities on hosted platforms, from YouTube to Reddit to Facebook to Discord to Amino Apps to MeWe to all the other online networks. Those group builders don't actually own anything, and they're okay with it.

It's a very small group that wants to actually "own" their own forums.
There’s definitely a lot of benefits of both. Groups on the platforms you mentioned have a huge advantage in free traffic and can grow very quickly! Great view point, not many people do care about “owning” but more about the audience size.

There are times where I go inactive from forums due to life. This last break I had was probably my longest I've ever had. I realized how much I missed a community, a group of people who know me relatively well. It's nice to be able to come online and someone be excited to see I'm on as well. I don't see myself necessarily owning my very own forum for quite a while. Mostly because I think the genres I'd do are so over saturated but also not growing right now and I don't have the time to market it how I would want to.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds