Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Do you draw first?

LiquidServe

Website
liquidserve.com
Credits
So do you draw first before you code. Well I actually do that first but in the end I get a totally better but different product. So it basically helps me get a pretty good idea about the placement of stuff and all the functionality.

What do you do first?

Advertisement Placeholder
You 'draw' out your code? Kinda like drawing wireframing or something? o_O
I sometimes draw out what I want to make in PS/AI but not often, I'm not the best drawer. :p

I don't personally, since I have it all in my head. But if I needed to map something out for a client I may do a flow chart of some source to help them visualize my thoughts more clearly.

I also like to use Adobe Illustrator to create basic "wireframes" to explain my thought process to clients. (I don't bother with this step if I am designing for myself however, since it's really unnecessary since I already know what I have in mind). In Illustrator, it's easy to use handwriting fonts, and sketchy looking strokes, as well as scribbled fonts to simulate that sketched look. It also emphasizes to your clients that this is a preliminary layout.

I have never drawed out my coding. I think about what I will type in but thats about it. I don't think I ever "drawed" out my coding.

Last edited by a moderator:

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds