Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you do betting pools with co-workers?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Has anyone here done a betting pool with your co-workers? I bring this up because I remember my dad doing betting pools when he worked years ago. I think he won the pot once. I think it revolved around certain scores in American football. My dad I think would win if the team he chose landed 33 points and the win. He won it one year, but it wasn't a lot of money in the pot.

Advertisement Placeholder
I have done one. We basically all went in on the million lotto. I normally do not gamble like this so I can't even remember what it was called. None of the tickets won much of anything.

Since I do not gamble, I have never engaged in this kind of activity. This also depends a lot on your workplace as well. perhaps it is not allowed in many workplaces at all and it entirely depends on the policies of the workplaces in the first place.

Unfortunately I try as much as possible not to be involved with any kind of gambling whether it is at my workplace or at my other kind of life involvement. This is because I don't usually get lucky in those kind of things which I consider it a waste of time for me to be trying them, since I know I'm not going to win.

I can't do that at workplace. Naturally, I am not that good at betting let alone sharing betting discussion with my fellow workers. Though, I am not against it, it is not something that I see as being work ethical.

Please pardon my ignorance, what's betting pool? I haven't heard about that before and to be something done in workplace makes it sound alien to me. I know about online betting, sports and other kinds of betting and gambling but never heard of betting pool.

Not with co-workers but with a couple of friends I used to bet during the FIFA World Cup. Sadly, I never won. Hover, the agreement was winner would not take money home, he was supposed to spend what ever he won at a party. We betted with a small amount.

I can't do that at workplace. Naturally, I am not that good at betting let alone sharing betting discussion with my fellow workers. Though, I am not against it, it is not something that I see as being work ethical.

Personally, I find it very difficult to be engaged in something that is likely going to make me lose money and also something that I don't have any control in when it comes to helping myself to win. This is the reason why I don't participate in any kind of gambling.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds