Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Do you ask for your staff opinion when making decisions?

Credits
If you're have a group of staff working on your forum, probably they are under your payroll, when you're making decisions on how to run your forum, do you usually ask for their opinions before finally making your decisions or do you just decide and tell them what to do? I have been a staff for a forum owner who never asked for his staffs opinions on anything.

Advertisement Placeholder
If you have a staff team working for you, it's reasonable to ask for their opinions on something you want to do. No one knows everything, you can be able to learn a few things from them.

Definitely ask for their input. In the end the decisions lay with the board administrators but you need to be on the same line with your staff.
I wonder why someone would hire staffs he's not going to discuss his plans with? If he or she can do it all, there's no need for hiring anyone to begin with. It just doesn't add up.

If you're have a group of staff working on your forum, probably they are under your payroll, when you're making decisions on how to run your forum, do you usually ask for their opinions before finally making your decisions or do you just decide and tell them what to do? I have been a staff for a forum owner who never asked for his staffs opinions on anything.
I think it is ideal to ask different people on their opinions about a certain topic. This is because, you are liable to forget about a tiny detail, which may be picked up by someone and subsequently steer the forum in the right direction.

As a leader it's important to ask for the opinion of your staff before making a decision. I see a lot of the leaders and forum owners make decision without input from their staffs and members of their forum. This is not too good. There was a time a forum owner make changes to his forum and none of his staff can explain why he did that when they were approach.

Yes, for the most part, unless is truly an egregious offense, I'll ask the others. Sometimes I might take things in a way that isn't meant to be a flame, so I'll ask and see who agrees. Flaming is our biggest rule violation on the Christian forum I run. I don't have a lot of staff, but that's okay because it means less opinions!

Yes, I will always ask my staff their opinion on an idea I have for the forum, and we will always discuss it before anything is put into place or before anything is changed. I feel that if you are running a forum with staff then you should treat them equal and let them in on ideas that you have so that they can have their say. If you trust them enough to be staff and if they enjoy your forum enough to be staff, then they should be allowed to voice their opinions and ideas too.

I definitely ask the staff for their opinion. I chose them to be a part of the team for one reason or another and that probably means I value their input.
It's the right thing to do because when you hired them, you were convinced they have something to offer towards the growth and good management of your forum.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds