Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Do some colors not go so good together?

PSpringz

Credits
I noticed that I am more partial to colors staying close together when it comes to sites. Like this one for example focuses on navy blue and a lighter shade of blue, with a white base. Thoughts on this?

Advertisement Placeholder
Yes because not everyone is going to have the same taste, this goes for everything.

We could go on and on with more examples but we've already got an answer.

I am very much the same as you PSpringz, I much prefer to see a theme on a forum that is easy on the eyes where the colours work well together. I hate to see so many different colours on a theme that do not really work well together. Very often this results in my eyes hurting because it's just too much. I prefer neutral colours such as blues, grey's whites and maybe other colours such as purple.

I think having a color scheme like that is usually a safe way to go. Like Shortie861 said, neutrals and similar colors are a lot easier on the eyes. Usually, when I find a color I like I'll head over to Adobe Color and look at the monochromatic and shades categories. Adding colors from either of those categories usually helps create depth without being distracting.

Well, as far as text color is concerned, dark goes good on light, and light on dark. In fact, with one forum I had, the problem was that it was white on a dark blue, but apparently, the dark blue wasn't dark enough. Also, on another forum, there was a situation of grey on white - something that was tough to read.

A weird color combo that I saw on Theme House was mostly brown with some pink. But I suppose some manly guys would object to the pink. :blush: Anyway, it was different - maybe good for a gaming forum - or a toy, candy one.

Definitely red and blue. Such as red text on blue background. Biggest eyesore you will ever get.

Attachments

• ducks.png
    ducks.png
    5.9 KB · Views: 27

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds