Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do private sectors give pension in your country?

I have not idea about the private company give pension of mine country but government company gives the pension to the government jobs employee but some private company gives the pension in some country

Advertisement Placeholder
No! In Nigeria, most private sector establishments did not accord any priority to their retired workers after years of service. The newly introduced contributory pension scheme is seen as an important social security system that could address both structural and institutional dysfunctions in the country's social security obligations.

With the introduction of Direct Credit System, Pension Book has been replaced by monthly pension slip. Therefore, issuance of an identity documents like pensioner card was a major demand of the pensioners for identification purpose. Now a pension card has been designed and being issued to the pensioners.

Government institutions /companies offer pension to their members but I am not sure if private companies also give pension to their workers.

WHAT IS THE SITUATION IN YOUR COUNTRY?
Private sectors in my country Nigerian are guided by pencom (National pension commission) which is empowered by pension reform Act 2004 to supervise and regulate new pension scheme.
I am a salary earner working with a private organization (on my second job of which both are privately owned) and I am enrolled in the pension scheme.
Every month a certain percentage of my salary is deducted and my employer pay also exact amount into my pension account. We have the choice to choose pension fund administrator of choice and I am saving with Sigma pension.
Every individual on the scheme have a unique pension number prefix by "PEN" followed by 10 digits and we can access it (check for progress) anywhere anytime

in my country do, i know that from the previous school i used to visit, i have been told that they get a percentage from their salary cut each month, so once they are retired, they get a pension each month

I am from Nigeria. I don't think there is any private company that pays pension to its long time workers that retire. I haven't heard of any if there is. That is one disadvantage of working for a private company. However, a huge amount of salary is being paid in a private company as compared to that of a government owned business.
But in the end, government pay their workers pension after their retirement.

Salaried employees, including those in the private sector, recently had reasons to rejoice after a Supreme Court order to EPFO to change an old pension rule. The apex court order mandated that EPFO give full pension to all EPS subscribers. ... Following this order, pension payouts are likely to rise manifold.

Oh yes they do. The likes of Tony Elumelu is well known. He has been helping young entrepreneurs with no means of capital to support their goals. There are a lot of millionaires made by this single man and a lot are still on their way. He is a rock to young entrepreneurs.

Government institutions /companies offer pension to their members but I am not sure if private companies also give pension to their workers.

labour laws are very weak in Nigeria and workers are cheated in so many comes over here in Nigeria

Labour laws are very weak in Nigeria, and so many company workers are really suffering, and being cheated over here in Nigeria. A lot of companies don't pay complete salary, and not to talk of paying pensions after their retirement. It's such a sad thing.

benefits between public and private employees, a trend that threatens to create two classes of retirees, a new report argues.

Two-thirds of Canadians working in the private sector, or 80% of the country’s employees, do not have a company pension plan, according to a report by the Canadian Federation of Independent Business (CFIB), called Canada’s Two-tier Retirement. In contrast, 87% of public servants, who make up 20% of the country’s workforce, have a workplace pension plan, which, in most cases, guarantees the benefit no

The earliest you can start getting a defined contribution pension is usually when you’re 55 - you should check this with your pension provider. You might be able to get your pension sooner if you’re retiring due to ill health.
You should get financial advice before making decisions about your personal or workplace pension. You might have to pay for financial advice but it can save you money long term.

Yes of course private sector gives out pension in my country but not all private sectors gives pension to their stuff. but you also have to work for 35 years and above before you can be granted ocean.

Yes of course private sector gives out pension in my country but not all private sectors gives pension to their stuff. but you also have to work for 35 years and above before you can be granted ocean.
Some private sectors won't even pay you what they are supposed to pay you that you are due for and not to talk about paying you pension. They are the most selfish employers.

I don't think that private section pay their workers pension in Nigeria here, because I don't know about other country if them pay to their private section pension.

yes of course private sector do give out pension in my country but the fact is that not all private sector gives out pension over here in my country. some private sector in my country only give out gratuity

most private-sector do give pension in my country and while others do not give pension in my country and this thing is very bad that is why I think the government should be involved in it so that all private sector should pay pension.
[automerge]1621689205[/automerge]
I seriously doubt that private sector gives pension after your Active service with them, even I believe multinationals don't give pension to it's staff after they retire. They could give you gratuity and some other forms of compensations but I seriously doubt that they pay pension.
is private sectors to pay pension in my country but not all private sector pay pension the ones who pay pension make use of private pension scheme for their workers.

Last edited:
Nope, they don't. However, I think some pay benefits at the end of a long outstanding career to some of their employees. Pension... No

In my country private sectors dont pay pension, in most cases they dont even give you special services as their worker. It is only very few ( and when i say few i mean the very big and well known private organizations ) might give you little privilages as a worker in their organization. But they still dont give pension

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds