Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do movies or tv shows encourage people to commit crimes?

Joshua Farrell

Captain Junkie
Credits
Is the cinema and television responsible in any way for crime? If so, in what way?

One way I see it being an issue, is showing that some things can be committed easily, if you know what and how to do it. Like the show, "How to commit the perfect murder," giving ways that people have commited murder in the past, and had gotten away with it.

Advertisement Placeholder
Is the cinema and television responsible in any way for crime? If so, in what way?

One way I see it being an issue, is showing that some things can be committed easily, if you know what and how to do it. Like the show, "How to commit the perfect murder," giving ways that people have commited murder in the past, and had gotten away with it.
To me those that commit crime through what they watch is of no sense to me cos I will say they are not matured enough cos even from the beginning they will write it that this are not real or shows you behi d scene of it and tells you age suitable for it so what makes you do such cos you watch the movie 🎥

Well I totally disagree that movies are responsible for committing crime, because even the movies let you to know that committing a crime is bad and against the law. Committing a crime is a choice , it doesn't have anything to do with the movie you watched.

TV shows like Crime Watch give the public with realistic reconstructions, and realistic TV plays about crime are shown to provide the public with additional information. I don't think they push people to do crimes, but rather give suggestions on how to commit crimes.

This question varies it's depend on the movie or the TV crime series you are talking about some help to curtail it and teaches that you will always get caught for it no matter what while some teaches sometimes you can get away with crimes if you play your game well

In the end, I feel the perpetrator(s) are to blame; yet, as you mentioned, media can undoubtedly lead to someone being motivated by behaviours depicted in media, whether it is television shows, movies, or other types of media.

In this regard, I feel the creators of such content carry some responsibility for the information they provide, especially when it comes to how to conduct a crime.

Don't get me wrong: I'm in no way blaming the media for other people's actions. However, I feel that the majority of persons who execute such crimes are a vulnerable minority, desperate, and may also be suffering from mental health aspects. As a result, I feel they are more likely to be motivated by what they see represented.

The same conversation has come up time and time again, with regard to violent video games. Do these games inspire their audience to then become violent themselves? Over the years, I have played and witnessed a great number of violent movies and games. As of yet, I have not carried out the actions I've seen. This is not to say others won't, but should the content creators then be held responsible for the actions of a few?

Media is incredibly powerful though. Just look at the influence by those who participate in the TikTok challenges. Some are inspired by hopes of being famous, getting likes etc. I believe content creators should take care and consider what they might inspire others to do.

I really think it depends on that man's backgrounds, if he had a terrible childhood when his mother and father used to hit him, and he is an aggressive boy already since ever then it might effect him more than it effects a normal person. Some watch those things for entertainment and it doesn't really effect them but therr are people who might take it more seriously especially kids and it might be even worse to kids with early traumas.

This is just like asking if playing video games makes those who play video games to be violent too. The answer to that question is no. Being violent is something that comes as a habit not not caused by what one watches.

I think that TV shows, dramas, soap operas, etc could have a huge impact on the human psyche. This is why there are many experts who have warned about bad consequences of such kind of soap operas. In my country, the drama industry has boomed and I think that it is changing the mentality of many people.

I don't think it encourages people to commit crimes, but I think it can help steer someone who's already in a poor state, to doing something bad. I don't think we can blame movies/tv, as in nature, we've always been known to be animals and act like them too. We're just more advanced beings that can think and speak.

Movies/tv often make crime look bad too, so I think if anyone takes inspiration from violence in media, they're doing so because they were likely already violent to begin with.

Movies/tv often make crime look bad too, so I think if anyone takes inspiration from violence in media, they're doing so because they were likely already violent to begin with.

This is exactly what I feel too. The movies can do less in terms of motivating someone to commit crime or acts of violence. Ps. They already know it's all acted, so it's not real. Why would they do what they know is not real in real life? It doesn't make any sense.

For an adult, I don't think so because adults understand that movies are just movies, but children can commit crimes because they watch action-heavy movies. You should keep children away from these types of movies, or at least try to explain

I don't think it encourages people to commit crimes, but I think it can help steer someone who's already in a poor state, to doing something bad. I don't think we can blame movies/tv, as in nature, we've always been known to be animals and act like them too. We're just more advanced beings that can think and speak.

I think that TV shows could also be used to raise awareness as well. However, there are many people who never learn lessons from those shows rather they actually utilise the information in a bad manner or misuse the information for their own personal gains.

For an adult, I don't think so because adults understand that movies are just movies, but children can commit crimes because they watch action-heavy movies. You should keep children away from these types of movies, or at least try to explain

This is what I'm trying to stress. We all know that movies are all acted with a lot of tricks, so there's no way they are supposed to influence what we do in real in life. It's like after watching John Wick 4, someone will pick up a gun and start killing everyone?

While media can influence attitudes and behaviors to some extent. Other significant factors include personal experiences, upbringing, education, socio-economic status, and community environment.

While media can influence attitudes and behaviors to some extent. Other significant factors include personal experiences, upbringing, education, socio-economic status, and community environment.

As long as it's not movies, there's always a possibility of learning one thing or another from the media. There are some documentaries which are educational which are capable of teaching so much to who watched them.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds