Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Do I need staff on a forum?

Baley64bit

Recognized member
Credits
I recently bought a forum and I am looking to basically give it a face lift and encourage new members. Right now there is maybe 7 or 8 semi-active members. Do I need staff right away or should I run it myself? I had to clear a lot of spam posts that were made which was a mess.

Advertisement Placeholder
It always helps to have staff at all times no matter the circumstances because they can help with not only structuring the forum, but advertising as well.

I agree that I think it would be a smart idea. You can have someone to help you out if you can't be at the computer all the time. It's better to have those people because of that and being able to help promote the forum as well, like was said before. I mean you could even just ask people who are active on the forum if they want to be staff if you think they would make good staff.

I think you should get it cleaned up and where you want it first, then start promoting it. Once you start getting a fair amount of people signing up, then I would start looking for people to put on staff. No sense in having people on the payroll if they don't have much to do.

I agree that I think it would be a smart idea. You can have someone to help you out if you can't be at the computer all the time. It's better to have those people because of that and being able to help promote the forum as well, like was said before. I mean you could even just ask people who are active on the forum if they want to be staff if you think they would make good staff.

I was going to but I don't really know these members well enough yet. They are not even sure how to approach me as the new owner.

I think you should get it cleaned up and where you want it first, then start promoting it. Once you start getting a fair amount of people signing up, then I would start looking for people to put on staff. No sense in having people on the payroll if they don't have much to do.
This is very true. Like what is the point of advertising for a job that isn't needed yet? I mean I could use help but as far as staff/mods go, it isn't active enough. I am seeing maybe 30 posts a day. That is nothing.

I agree. It wouldn't make sense to have staff in there aren't a lot of active people.

I think you'd be fine running it by yourself until it gets a little more active. You don't want most of your active members to be staff. You should probably hire a moderator or something when it gets around 20 active members.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds