Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do countries have the right to do what they like with their oil?

Yes they have the right to do whatever they like with their natural resources , it is theirs but it does not make sense if you are not using it to develop your country or to make your citizens have a comfortable life.
Each countries have the right to do what they like with their oil because its Theo natural resources and they are using the money to provide social amenities to the citizen .

Advertisement Placeholder
As for me I think the countries have the right to do what they like with their oil so long as there is a free market set in place in the nation's.
However there is set regulations and policies from the governing oil producers world wide upon which countries must abide on.

I can't say countries can do what they like with their oil. Though, in term of selling the oil, we may say the oil producing countries can do what they like, in reality they are being controlled as per what to do many times by OPEC. For instance, in order to regulate oil price last year, OPEC direct some countries to reduce the amount of barrel of oil they produce per day. Can they do what like with oil considering that?

If the country is in charge of making important decisions, as you suggested, I believe it is necessary to move forward but under the supervision of international regulatory agencies because, if improperly regulated, it might be used to carry out a variety of crimes, including financing terrorism.

So long as comapnies aren't forced to sell to certain groups only, I think government regulations are good for oil being sold to the people.
Nations have the freedom to do anything they want with their oil, as well as other minerals. Citizens should be able to enjoy resources available within the state, and cash flow should be utilized to enhance the country's infrastructure and development.

There has to be discussion on this fascinating subject. Personally, I've been considering whether nations are free to use their oil whatever they like. However, given that they are its owner, I believe the answer is indeed yes. I'm still unsure of this, though. But does this imply that there isn't any global organization that controls oil prices?

Each countries have the right to do what they like with their oil because its Theo natural resources and they are using the money to provide social amenities to the citizen .
They must be able to utilise the resources they are having for effective revenue to the country but unfortunately so many leaders in most African countries are abusing this.

So long as comapnies aren't forced to sell to certain groups only, I think government regulations are good for oil being sold to the people.
Countries should know it that the oil belongs to every citizen of the country and do not waste it, and the country should make a sustainability plan for oil to save it for future generations.

feel there's a need to go ahead but under the supervisory eyes of joint nations regulatory bodies because if not properly controlled can become a tool to perpetrate a lot of things such as financing terrorism

The oil of each country belongs to the citizen of the country from the president to the lowest citizen but some citizen cannot directly benefit from the oil but from the social amenities the government are producing for them .

Yes they absolutely can depending on the government they can sell it and things like that oil is a very good material and if the country has a lot of oil then the country is very lucky

They have the right to do anything they like with their oil but it is important to make use of it very well. This is what they are going to be generating revenue from so they should use it well.

Yes, I think Countries have the right to do whatever they like with their oils. In some way, I think they have a right over the oils in their own country and they can do anything they like with it.

The government that represents the people has a right to decide what they do with their oil. The entire idea of sovereignty would be a mirage if another country or group decides to want ro control the resources of another country.

My country Nigeria is blessed with abundant oil but yet but the Citizens of Nigeria are not benefiting anything useful from the oil which makes me to question if it is the same oil that Nigeria have that other countries like Dubai have which they have used to develop their country the way it is today.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds