Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do backlinks still work for drawing in traffic?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
One thing I used to do a lot of, was plaster my sites links all over blog comments and all over the internet. Sadly, I don't know if backlinks still work in helping grow your SEO presence. Are backlinks as good as they used to be? Or is it kind of pointless to waste your time on doing backlinking?

Advertisement Placeholder
Backlinks still works effectively for bloggers and webmasters to get some traffic to There website. However, most bloggers or webmaster don't know how to use this, before you can post on other blogs, you need to know if the blog is a high ranking blog that can boost your ranking if your post comment with your link there. If the blog is also struggling for traffic you can't make any traffic to your own blog too

Building backlink through blog comment is consider as a low quality Link building tactic. I will advise you to stop it because too much of low quality backlinks pointing to you website can attract Google penalty.

You asked that "are backlinks good as they used to be", my answer is resounding YES. In fact, quality backlink remains major ranking signal on Google search engine.

There are couple of ways to gains backlinks point to your website. These include Guest posting, Expert Round up, Broken Link Replacement etc

Back link can help attract traffic to your site if only you are using it right. By commenting on a website that has high level of traffic, that will increase your own traffic counts. You should post your back link on a blog site contents that is struggling with decline traffic if not, your site will suffer same fate. Because AdSense doesn't recommend or endorse low level traffic site.

Backlinks were an important SEO technique in 2010, and they are still important in 2020 and beyond. Backlinks determine your domain/page authority and search engine rank. However, there are things that need to be taken care of, for example, you need do follow backlinks to benefit from backlinks, you need backlinks from high authority sites to benefit from backlinks, and backlinks should come from a related niche site.

Thw primary purpose of backlink is to improve site ranking and also generate traffic. Aa long as you have done it properly your rank will improve and you will also get traffic. Backlinks should ne created on high ranking site and on related niche.

Thw primary purpose of backlink is to improve site ranking and also generate traffic. Aa long as you have done it properly your rank will improve and you will also get traffic. Backlinks should ne created on high ranking site and on related niche.
backlinks can get you traffic but not much. Let me ask you a question. You when you are checking an article and when you see anchored text with a backlink to another site, how often you click on that link? I guess not very often. More than traffic, I guess backlinks are important for search engine ranking

It works when your links are from trusted sites that have good ranks on search engines. When building your Backlinks, this is what you should always have in mind to avoid linking up sites that are not search engine friendly.

I think search engines are limited in using backlinks because they know the trick of some wise guys in creating backlinks. Especially Google it frowns on the output of the bots and backlinks can easily be created by bots. SEO is getting more complicated as time goes by maybe because the search engines are upgrading their programs to handle the search more effectively and efficient not only in the search time but also in the relevance of the sites in the search results list.

As far as I know the primary purpose of backlink is to help your site rank high on search engines. You might get visits from backlinks, but I don't think the traffic is high. Normally, you don't get clicks on every link you have shared.

In the early days of the internet, web editors played the trade game. A group of websites would all link to one another, even if the sites were completely unrelated. This SEO “strategy intended to trick search engines into thinking that each site was popular enough to be shared across the internet. Some of these websites had pages consisting entirely of random links and barely contained any content at all. It didn’t take long for search engines to get wise and kibosh that sneaky ploy. Today, websites must genuinely earn or build external links if they hope to rise in overall ranking.

Backlinks still works till today. It's a very effective means of getting traffic to your blog. However you have to be careful not to to put your link in a blacklisted site because it'll affect your blog negatively. You should also create good posts when putting your link because a low quality post will be seen as a spam and it'll cause your account to be banned.

Analyze Your Current backlinks Profile (The “Second Serving” Technique). Ask Your Friends for backlink (the Right Way). Reach Out to Industry Publications and Websites. Repurpose Your Content. Appear as a Guest on Podcasts. Write High-value Comments on Websites. Use Your Social Media Profiles. Be Inspired by Your Competitors.

In short - yes. But the old ways of doing link building are dead. Sadly, a lot of resources are wasted on ineffective backlink programs. On multiple occasions, Google has stated that it is ignoring a lot of the backlinks on websites, for various reasons.

Backlinks is still the most important signal Google search engine used in ranking websites. Backlinks add more the websites authority on Google search engine. However, the type of backlink method you mentioned in your post is obsolete and can get your website a penalty from Google Alogrithm update if care is not taking. You will still gain a lot of you build white hat backlinks to your websites. Strong backlinks helps to push ranking of your websites and gain more organic traffic.

backlinks are basically meant for improving your domain authority, page authority, ad search engine ranking. backlinks can also get you traffic but more tha traffic method, it is a method to improve search engine ranking.

The primary purpose of backlinks is to tell search engine algorithm about your website. If your website links is shared on 10 website, these 10 websites will tell you that your content has a value. This helps in high ranking.

Backlinks actually still works when it comes to search engine optimisation and join in organic traffic to your website because once you drop backlinks on other website traffic from those other website can pass-through those your links to your website and they will remain as organic traffic on your site.

If your backlinks come from do edu site, dot gov site, high authority site, your site can shoot up on the search engine. This helps in generating a lot of traffic.

Well, backlinking does work to some extent but you should not entirely depend on it to get traffic. Some people might not click on your link if you just leave it without writing a proper comment in the comment section and if the link is not related to what people are looking for.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds