Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Displaying Forum Stats?

Sam1

Mythical member
Website
holderhost.com
Credits
I know that a number of younger forums hide their forum stats (especially the daily post count). When the stats look bad is it better to hide them?

Advertisement Placeholder
I enjoy being able to see how well a forum is doing. Sometimes when I am visiting a new forum I like to see the stats so I can see when the last posts were. If they were from days ago then I would not be interested but if the last post was just an hour ago, I may want to join.

I have always made my forums stats available for members to be able to see, I personally myself enjoy seeing how well the forum is doing by looking at the stats on a daily basis and seeing how fast each one increases. I think it's also nice to be able to see stats on other forums so you can determine how busy and active a forum is before you choose to join.

I see nothing wrong with showing forum stats, just like I see nothing wrong if an admin does not want to show forum stats.

It is really a personal preference.

I make them open on almost anything I do. I fear that otherwise people will think something is going on and be scared off.

I feel it is always more 'welcoming' in a sense to keep your stats publicly visible, especially for new members. I can see the conundrum with low post stats putting people off joining your forum but hiding them is much worse in my opinion.

I don't think its a huge problem for the stats to be showing. I think its great that the members know how many posts or members the forum currently has.

Idk why would someone want to hide their stats even if they are bad, its good to know whats going on and how your forum doing and that might even help ya improve it.

I don't see why you would even bother hiding your stats. You can't hide the fact your forum is inactive by hiding your stats. People are still going to notice. :p

The only stat I look at when visiting a forum is the latest post stats. If a lot of the forum nodes look dead in the water, I usually just leave the place alone.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds