Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Directories and SEO

jyy1

Legendary member
Credits
Well, they're not always bad. They simply have to be quality directories. Nonetheless, many won't touch directories - and hence, some might think directories is a dead industry. Well, that's not the case - and if you can build a quality one - but that would be very tough - it could be a very good vending machine income.

Advertisement Placeholder
This is where friendly URLs tend to come in handy many times. Most softwares have something called friendly URLs which consist of a simple htaccess couple of lines and then a setting that shortens the URL. That way if a directory structure isn't the best there isn't too much of a fallback. I will also be one to say that directories can be structured properly. Which means you should never have more then you need. But hence why we have very unique and complicated software features that can fix this.

This is where friendly URLs tend to come in handy many times. Most softwares have something called friendly URLs which consist of a simple htaccess couple of lines and then a setting that shortens the URL. That way if a directory structure isn't the best there isn't too much of a fallback. I will also be one to say that directories can be structured properly. Which means you should never have more then you need. But hence why we have very unique and complicated software features that can fix this.

I don't get what you mean. I'm talking about directories, as in lists of different websites. They used to be a huge thing in SEO, but now seem to be shunned.

I don't get what you mean. I'm talking about directories, as in lists of different websites. They used to be a huge thing in SEO, but now seem to be shunned.

I see what you mean now. The title confused me. When I think directory in SEO I think structure. I will rephrase my response then and say that it can be a big help if you in enough of them because of backlinks. Most website directories have been online for some time. Because of this it gives you more backlink authority. I haven't found any outside of search engines in some time. I would love for you to list them if you had any in mind. Thanks for the share.

I see what you mean now. The title confused me. When I think directory in SEO I think structure. I will rephrase my response then and say that it can be a big help if you in enough of them because of backlinks. Most website directories have been online for some time. Because of this it gives you more backlink authority. I haven't found any outside of search engines in some time. I would love for you to list them if you had any in mind. Thanks for the share.

Regarding what you thought I said, I think structure isn't that important in SEO. However, it is helpful for people wanting to know the subject of the webpage in question.

Anyway, it's not important in SEO as bigger things are more important. This seems to be nit-picking.

Article directories and link directories can help you build backlinks to your site. However, search engines like Google do not like link directory and article directories for link building purposes. You should always consider using high-quality site for the purpose of link building. Article directors and link directories are termed as link farm and link farm is a bad SEO practice.

Backlinks from web directory are consider obsolete and are no longer Relevant. If care is not taken, they can attract Google penalty to your website. They are only good for powering up tier two and tier three buffer sites.

At present day, someone need to focus on white hat backlink building. It can be difficult at first but it gives peace of mind as you will not be worried if next Google up date comes out.

The terms “Web directory” and “search engine” are often used interchangeably. Web directories are organized Website listings put together by human reviewers, whereas search engine listings are put together by automated systems and lack a navigable structure. Much of the confusion stems from the various hybrid models that have developed over time, as search engines have incorporated directory features to assist with issues such as categorization and site quality.

A lot of webmasters and SEO expert use article directory and link directory for the purpose of backlink building. Well, I wouldn't call this a black hat method, but this is not white had method either. Search engines penalize the website by down ranking when it sends too many banklinks. Search engines do not count backlinks coming from websites that is already giving too many backlinks.

Imam not sure of article directories and link directories (also called web directories) actually work for SEO these days. Directories are termed link farms and backlinks from link farms are not appreciated by search engines.

Well, they're not always bad. They simply have to be quality directories. Nonetheless, many won't touch directories - and hence, some might think directories is a dead industry. Well, that's not the case - and if you can build a quality one - but that would be very tough - it could be a very good vending machine income.
I would like to know if you have any questions please feel free to contact me with moreover a business and our friend our sat lagi wa dono mix of the main reason I use to be ni aya y la i a few words to describe but yy is very high wut

Looks like there is one spammer on this thread. I think moderators need to be proactive in tacking the issue of spaming. back the post. I will like to add one more thing. There are some directories for instance Google My Business, which are still of high value.

However, there are also some directories that are still useful. For example, you can submit your site to Google My Business. This will help your website and business rank higher when someone does local search

I think the relationship between search engine optimisation and directories for website is actually a good one because with a good directories of website you can make a lot of revenue online and also direct traffic the website in the process.

In the early time, link directories (or website directries) and article directories were considered the best platforms to build backlinks. However, this does not work these days because search engines do like like sites that give too many do follow links

Search engines and local business directories
Local business listings play an important role in seo as much as it improves a business’ marketing strategy. It’s an off-page strategy that alters the search results page (SERPS) of most search engines.
Search engines and local business directories
Local business listings play an important role in seo as much as it improves a business’ marketing strategy. It’s an off-page strategy that alters the search results page (SERPS) of most search engines.

Search engines even penalize sites that give too many backlinks, when that happens the site will be pulled down form their rank. IN order for backlinks to work, they must come from high ranking site

How about we build our own link directories and article directories and use these directories for backlink purpose? Will this help in search engine optimization.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds