Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Difficulty In Choosing Between Music Production and Disc Jockey.

Dubai

Familiar Face
Credits
My Younger brother is having it hard selecting a career line. He is interested in music production and also good at using his hands on the wheels of steel. However, needs guidance on which of these business would make him financially stable as well as less tedious and risky at the same time. What would you rather tell him to go into?

Advertisement Placeholder
I think he can focus in both professions, he could probably be a dj at weekends, play at parties and events and also market his music production on his own social media platforms. Brand himself, upload his world and just keep growing from there.

He can actually combine the two if he's really good at both. In fact they both share a lot of similarities as to what is required of both professionals. If a choice is a necessity then I would suggest he goes into music production as that's where the bucks are. Unless it's a question of passion the job of a Dj is not so promising in relation to a music producer.

My Younger brother is having it hard selecting a career line. He is interested in music production and also good at using his hands on the wheels of steel. However, needs guidance on which of these business would make him financially stable as well as less tedious and risky at the same time. What would you rather tell him to go into?
What stops him from doing both? I mean it is pretty much easy for a DJ to or music, as a good producer you have to know how to create and mix sounds.

Major DJs of this world are good producers too, example, DJ Khalid, DJ SPINNAL etc, let him do both.

Entertainment industry is a wide range of enterprise and both music production and DJ are of high priority both needs each other to promote there business which after a successful music production DJ blast for people to dance and feel the beauty of the songs

Being a music producer is difficult for a number of reasons. The first one is that it takes a long time to get to a level where your music is actually worth releasing. There are intricacies involved in music production that not only take a while to understand in theory, but require deliberate practice.

These are the kind of business that he can do simultaneously, there are so many artiste that are more than into one thing that they do to bring in money. So that brother of yours should make sure he becomes a musician and also a disc jockey.

What stops him from doing both? I mean it is pretty much easy for a DJ to or music, as a good producer you have to know how to create and mix sounds.

Major DJs of this world are good producers too, example, DJ Khalid, DJ SPINNAL etc, let him do both.
Now, this is another angle we have not looked into. Its a nice one you have pointed out people who are into both of these career lines and are making it big. I hope there would be time to adequately combine the two without one affecting the other. Yeah, mixing sounds and production are not far from each other, its just the ability to concentrate on both.

It will be great if he could do both. Music production is good but becoming a recognized producer takes years of practice or hit songs that will really bring your name to the limelight. If you get famous as a music producer you will make a lot of money.
Disk jockey on the other hand is a regular job and it pays well if you are really impressive with the skill.

Both music production and disc jockey are both time consuming and quite stressful. Music production requires quite a lot of capital, if you are producing a sound music with great sound and visual quality, you need money but I think disc jockey just involves getting the sound system. So he should put his budget into consideration.

Music production is a business while working as a disc jockey is a job. It is up to him to choose on where he enjoys more. If he is really fond of music then I guess he would be enjoying the job of a disc jockey although the salary may not be as high as the earnings of a business of music production. However, there is less stress in working as a disc jockey and I guess he would not feel working at all if he enjoys that job.

Track your stressors. Keep a journal for a week or two to identify which situations create the most stress and how you respond to them. ...
Develop healthy responses. ...
Establish boundaries. ...
Take time to recharge. ...
Learn how to relax. ...
Talk to your supervisor. ...
Get some support.

Your younger brother actually don't have to pick one o the two. He could combine the two and be good at them and make a living. He can be producing music and upload his works on social media while he DJs at weekends.

For me I will choose disc jockey, because asides being a DJ for a particular musician or whatever, a disc jockey can also work in events, like weddings, birthday, parties, shows and other social events. So to me a disc jockey has more advantages and more places and job opportunities when it comes to music demand in general.

The decision itself should be made by your brother in what he is most passionate about. I have several cousins who are Disc Jockey, some of them work during the week and dedicate themselves to this on weekends, but I have one who is already famous and lives as a Disc Jockey, he is doing very well and the earnings are very high.

To me they are both lucrative careers as we are in an era where music is fast selling, but there is nothing stopping him from doing the two together, he can focus more on music producing then in his spare time do disc jockeying

Both disc jockeys and music production are great professions,if you ask me,preferably the both are great professions to go into since they're all under the same field,plus it won't be difficult to juggle the both since you already know how to operate both.

Music producers cook up beats for artistes to use then tweak the beat to the artists taste and still make adjustments to fit in to the musicians recording while a disk jockey, dj already has the songs, just blends them to a melodious tune for people to dance to, so if you're looking for a less tedious work and constant pay a DJ would be preferable.

If you considering the one with financial stability with no or less activity done but not his talent then is a mistake. The best thing is to ask which one give him not even if he's not being paid. That's his passion which he should rather go for.

I would advise that he defines what he really wants. He should be on the lookout for which he enjoys better of the two. Personally I think being a producer required a whole lot of hard work and it's more tedious than being a DJ but both require a huge amount of creativity and takes time to grow into professionals.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds