Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Did you use MSN Messenger?

Credits
Yes, I did. I used it way more than any of the other IM clients way back. I had to use AIM for a LGBTQ+ site I was a chat moderator for. I remember using it to mostly talk to friends I met on other websites/forums. I never added anyone I knew IRL on it.

So, did anyone else end up using MSN Messenger? What did you like about it? What did you think could be better?

Advertisement Placeholder
I did use MSN messenger, I used to use it quite a lot to keep in contact with my friends from school and I always remember that people I was friends with used to spam themselves online so that people would notice their name when they would change it to something they wanted someone to see. That used to be so annoying. I still remember the sound very well after all the spamming.

*waves hand* Me tooooooooo, but also I had ICQ, AIM, YIM and eventually neeed Trillian (later Pidgin) to keep up with everyone!

BFAA989C-9461-401F-96B2-8C309187902F.png
EF00C365-3C21-45B2-91DE-A738C66841B0.jpeg
84E3B574-A11B-4E7C-BF18-37BB803F6DB0.jpeg
BA2B9790-7228-48BD-A587-BEC8563AB54B.jpeg
DD2D8818-3FFD-438A-A391-C03CFBE6D246.gif
04C826DB-450F-4649-BB8A-873DB37CB302.jpeg

I hate Skype, it's definitely not sharing MSN's vibes.
I agree it's definitely not the greatest of programs at all and the updates they have made have definitely made me not like it half as much as I used to. I only use it to be in contact with Smokey now and now as much as I used to as many people just stopped using it. It seems to be the most reliable way to contact someone who lives in a different country at least for me. But no, definitely not sharing MSN vibes at all.

It was pretty much the only IM program I used until it was killed for Skype. I loved MSN for being able to customize your chat backgrounds and having custom emotes. I can live without the backgrounds but I still miss being able to just use whatever emotes I want in current IM programs like Discord.

Yes, I did. Seeing those images makes me feel rather nostalgic!

(Pretty much the only thing I don't miss is the nudges... those were annoying :p )
I can still hear the nudge sound even today, it was one of the more annoying sounds for sure. Definitely, one that sticks in your mind.

I absolutely loved MSN, rushing home from school to get logged on and I would literally be on until early hours of the morning.
@Aerodynamic - those screenshots are bringing back major nostalgia! It's funny actually because I saved some chatlogs from around 2010/2011 onto a USB stick and I randomly came across it the other day and it took me right back.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds