Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Did you use MSN Messenger?

MSN bought Skype for the purposes of replacing something else it had in the works as a VOIP comms tool, and ended up just replacing MSN Messenger into it because MS doesn't *really* understand customers.

Advertisement Placeholder
Those were definitely the days. Some of the most fun I've had on the internet. None of the modern chat platforms have really captured the same vibes or spirit. I guess Discord is the closest, but it's not the same.

You had to have MSN Plus installed or else it just wasn't the same. I recall those days so fondly.

MsgPlus was soooo good.

So there's a revival project called Escargot. It's a new back end server and a patch that lets the old MSN/WLM clients connect, and it supports MsgPlus and everything.

I installed it in a VM because I didn't really want to trust random code, but it's kinda fun to play around with. If anyone wants to install it the project is at https://escargot.chat/

My username on the service is [email protected]

So there's a revival project called Escargot. It's a new back end server and a patch that lets the old MSN/WLM clients connect, and it supports MsgPlus and everything.

I installed it in a VM because I didn't really want to trust random code, but it's kinda fun to play around with. If anyone wants to install it the project is at https://escargot.chat/

Oh wow, that's so cool. I may need to try this out sometime. I hope it's fine to use on a normal PC.

It's... probably fine. The code is open source so if you really wanted to you could audit it. I'm just extra paranoid I guess.

EDIT: Well... Windows updated last night and not WLM won't open anymore. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Woah, that's amazing. Hope it will grow out to be amazing as it once was. Doubt that but a man can only hope. :D

It's... probably fine. The code is open source so if you really wanted to you could audit it. I'm just extra paranoid I guess.

EDIT: Well... Windows updated last night and not WLM won't open anymore. :rolleyes:
I guess you would have to force downgrade the windows update if you can 😂... This can be very annoying and frustrating at the same time.

MSN was the only place I could chat with other friends. Once everyone stopped using it, the friendship ended. Cause we had no other way of contact with each other. Even though I had gone to HS with her. Still can't find her on any other social platform. But I know she's out there... Somewhere. Maybe still waiting for me to log in on MSN messenger and chat.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds