Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Did she betray her employer?

To me it is not a betrayal, it is purely business, as a business owner, your number one priority is your staffs, you have to make sure they are getting at least 60% of what they deserve because they are paramount to the success of the organization.
I wouldn't say this is a betrayal since there is not written or verbal agreement that forbid the girl to leave whenever she decides to leave. Besides, everyone want a better offer and an upgrade in their work and I think that's what the girl went after - a greener pastures.

Advertisement Placeholder
While it is sad and annoying to do that you will not fault her for that but you should evaluate within the company why one person has so much powers.

A friend of mine was so distraught today, she said a valuable staff of her resigned from her organisation a few months ago, saying she was relocating to another state. Later on my friend discovered a dwindle in the clients of her organisation and was so worried, only to discover her ex employee joined a starter company similar to my friends line of business where they doubled her salary and made her head of operations, she stole all her clients and business tactics , my friend feels so betrayed after all the trainings this ex staff received. My question is did she betray her or aimed for greener pastures?
To make progress in the career of someone is not betraying someone. But at least she should have sad about that truly. There is is no such thing to hide in here.
[automerge]1624434804[/automerge]
A friend of mine was so distraught today, she said a valuable staff of her resigned from her organisation a few months ago, saying she was relocating to another state. Later on my friend discovered a dwindle in the clients of her organisation and was so worried, only to discover her ex employee joined a starter company similar to my friends line of business where they doubled her salary and made her head of operations, she stole all her clients and business tactics , my friend feels so betrayed after all the trainings this ex staff received. My question is did she betray her or aimed for greener pastures?
To make progress in the career of someone is not betraying someone. But at least she should have sad about that truly. There is is no such thing to hide in here.

But I don't see that a betrayal but the employee was not sincere to the boss, what the employee would than inform the boss before relocating to another company.

Well I personally think the employee betrayed her boss. She was not honest to inform her if going to seek greener pastures of which she has the right to do so. That goes to show that she had motive.

The thing here is that first , she lied about the job which is wrong. Secondly , she could have simply demanded for a new salary raise rather than leaving to a similar company because of that

I would consider it a form of betrayal but I will also consider the fact that everyone is looking for the opportunity to improve and we can't let go of chances when we get them.

Hmm, that's life for us, and business too for us. Everyone is looking for Grenier pasture, and at sane time looking for breakthrough earning money working or doing business.

Well I personally think the employee betrayed her boss. She was not honest to inform her if going to seek greener pastures of which she has the right to do so. That goes to show that she had motive.
I find dishonesty as common for an employee who is resigning. They mostly lie about their move and the usual alibi is to rest. But in truth they are moving to a rival business.

if I were her, I will discuss about increment in salary and favorable working conditions and if this conditions were not met then I will take the offer, because at the end of the day everyone is looking for greener pastures.

These kinds of issues do happen with teachers and schools. You will see a staff who will quit a school and go-ahead to start on his own but with the students of his formal school. It should not be done even though there was no agreement.

The person in question betrayed your friend is very bad to do such thing to your employ she has not try at all by doing that way, it is really sad.

Yes that is betrayal. Because she could have simply explained to her friend that she had gotten a better offer and see if her friend would have tried to match or increase her salary.

The staff that left your friend company did not in any way betray your friend, she's in search of greener pasture , you don't expect her to stick with someone that is paying her peanut when someone is willing to pay more.
[automerge]1636090759[/automerge]
The staff that left your friend company did not in any way betray your friend, she's in search of greener pasture , you don't expect her to stick with someone that is paying her peanut when someone is willing to pay more.
[automerge]1636090780[/automerge]

Last edited:
Such cases happen and are bound to happen. I won't say there was a betrayal there. The ex-employee was only searching for somewhere else with a better pay. 'Stealing all her clients' could be her way of trying to help the others benefit from the good offer too.

She is not an honourable person because before she was given her new job she would have told her new employer that she will bring clients along with her to their company. She lacks good ethics and will still do worse for her new employer.

I can not regards this issue as a betraying act, but is unfair. Though this will teach your friend a good lesson about how to handle a staffs in good way. In any business we are doing we supposed to be treating our staffs well and give them what they deserve. There are some people that working under a some one but they are not earn 50% as they are working, now tell if they see any other opportunity that will pay them 8% how they will not go.

Personally I don't really believe that she betrayed anybody because she is always looking out for herself which is exactly what I'm going to do being in her shoes because everyone is looking to make more money for themselves.

There are business owners who are unfair to their employees that in return they lose the loyalty of the very people that they trust. That is why I am careful in handling people whether a business staff or even our house maid. What I regard as their best asset is not their diligence towards the job but more for their loyalty to me.

Everybody actually wants to work where they are paid well and in her situation she actually looked out for ourselves by getting where she was paid well and resigned officially from where she used to work.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds