Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Design work (Feedback?)

Martee

Mythical member
Credits
Hey guys, In my College work I have to make and design three different websites before the 10th Feb for our College catering company as they want a new website. After that we have to actually code our design into a fully functioning website (As part of our units) but that's a story for another day.

I'm posting this topic because I've made 2/3 designs currently but I want feedback as to how they are doing and any changes you would like to see. I must stress they are still not done, they are just drafts at the moment in time.

Design 1

http://mirrorimg.net/im1/e48.jpeg

This design was inspired from a tutorial I saw. The background/iPhone part was what I liked so I did swipe that bit. The menu bar I took from some dude on DA but the rest is all me. (Again,this is a draft, when I am finalising it, it will be all my own work) This is my favourite one.

Design 2

http://mirrorimg.net/im1/mi6.jpeg

I like the cleanliness of this one but I know that the menu badly needs some re-working. I just put it there as a space kind of thing so I knew where I was going. The update version has some pictures down the right hand side which is meant for a 'Meet the staff area' with pictures of the staff meant to be revolving/click able to lead to profiles.

All criticism welcomed, I know I am not the best at web design by a long shot but hey, I can only improve with help and criticism eh? Thanks!

Advertisement Placeholder
In both of them, the logo's are expertly designed :) I like how you have the social media plugins in the first one and the twitter feed. The search bar is really nice as it the whole menu. The only thing I don't know whether I like is the Iphone. It just looks weird for a catering company. If you want to keep something similar, how about an Ipad with a recipe app displaying? Or just a really nice dish would look good in that spot.

I would go with the first design with the alteration above.

Good Job, they both look really good :)

On the second design, the logo is my own. On the first one, i took it from their current website as a guide. But thank you for thinking my logo is good! Haha. I've made a twitter feed via PHP myself (With the help of a tut) so I just thought that with the emergence of social media now-a-days, it is a given that you have some sort of feed so that users without Facebook know what they are missing (If anything) or just to help the lazy people, haha.

The iPad idea is a very good idea! I just thought I'd use the iPhone as iPhones are cool right? But they do look out of place now you mention it, as for the dish, I couldn't find a good picture myself that I liked so thats why I just stuck that random one within the phone.

Thank you very much though, helpful comments!

Not a problem Haze, Iphones are cool- but you get recipe apps on the Ipad which would really suit the site. The twitter feed is definitely needed nowadays, it also makes it easy to but fresh content and news onto a static site...

I really like the first design, the colors are perfect on the eyes.

The second design however is a little too bright for my liking.

Yup! To be frank the first one is perfect..i agree with Alex second one is very bright

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 22 81.5%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds