Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Depressed Members

Joe

Recognized member
Credits
For those of you who are depressed...

Does everyone in your life know about it? Have you tried to get help? Does anything work?

If you hide it, how do you hide your depression?

Advertisement Placeholder
That is a rather huge subject and to a point everyone is going to handle it differently. My mum was affected by what was called manic depression then and is now called bi polar disorder, and I am very aware of my own mental state as a result.
First off "depressed" means different things to different people - anything from a natural feeling of down after some life occurrence to suicidal to the dragging feeling of pointlessness that seems to have no cause in life. Somewhere along the line some of these states may have been medicalized.
I am going to guess your question refers to the dragging pointlessness feeling that seems to have no cause and the one likely to be considered medical.
In this case it can be normal to not tell anyone - not because you are trying to hide it but simply because nothing seems worth the effort - what is the point of telling anyone. People may assume that others can see that they are in this state but often that is not the case.

Getting help can come in many ways - anything from an observant friend or relative who spots the problem and does something to feeling better and recognizing what has been going on was probably not normal to being so affected in every day life that people do notice and demand you do something. There are lots and lots of things that can and do help - some short term and some longer, and it is case of finding what works best for you. Generally medical support like anti depressants are good short term to keep someone functioning but long term people really require some sort of talking therapy and learning the tools to recognize and react to their own mental state.

I am sorry this is a long rather involved answer but the subject is not a quick easy one.

I think many people when they suffer depression find it easier to hide it than be open about it due to feeling embarrassed by the fact they are depressed. What many fail to see is that depression is not a bad thing and it helps to talk about it.

I've been people online who are depressed and it makes me sad. I understand why but we have therapists for reasons though. I never personally be depressed but there some people who do it for attention. It makes me sad for those people. I have talked to depressed people and it just makes life soo... dull. It sucks what people go thru on a daily basis.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds