Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Have you ever had to deal with a depression?

Advertisement Placeholder
According to this site, "Depression is the cause of over two-thirds of the 30,000 reported suicides in the U.S. each year."
To make matters worse, it's on the increase every day. You would see someone and he would look all cool and perfect but you won't know he's battling with a critical depression. The next thing you would hear is that he's dead from suicide.

To make matters worse, it's on the increase every day. You would see someone and he would look all cool and perfect but you won't know he's battling with a critical depression. The next thing you would hear is that he's dead from suicide.
Yeah, it's very sad. A lot of times mental health isn't taken as seriously as it should be. The stigma for males, in general, is "man up", which is deemed to make matters worse.

Yeah, it's very sad. A lot of times mental health isn't taken as seriously as it should be. The stigma for males, in general, is "man up", which is deemed to make matters worse.
I wish it's possible to develop a tech that's capable of detecting if someone is suffering from depression because it's something that you can't know unless the person opens up. It's why a lot are dying in silence.

I wish it's possible to develop a tech that's capable of detecting if someone is suffering from depression because it's something that you can't know unless the person opens up. It's why a lot are dying in silence.
That'd be a pretty neat technological device. Some people lie about being mentally ill to seek validation or have people give them something in return.

Depression has been present in my life throughout basically all of it. I look back and I recognize how depressed I was even as a small child. In the last year as I've been fighting with grief I've recognized my depression really told a toll on my life. I was a bitter person and much more negative than I ever liked. I always pushed through my depression and put a face on, or say a sarcastic comment and move on... This year though has shown me that I can't just cover it up anymore and I'm working on it. My friend recommends I start counseling - which I might with the free time I have this summer. Luckily my job has a program and I can do counseling from at home for free. I have so much on my plate and no one recognizes it, it definitely feels isolating most days.

Due to some happenings in my life, I've been a very bitter, negative person off and on throughout my life. It's hard to break the cycle once you're in it, but it's totally worth breaking such a cycle for the betterment of your mental sanity/health.
I am in this post and I do not like it.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 77.4%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds