Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Dealing with doubts

Beverly

Renowned member
Credits
Maybe it's human nature, but I find myself having doubts about some of my sites. I worry that it's just taking too long to build traffic and think maybe I should move on. But, I don't want to give into the urge to pick up too quickly and abandon a project. How do you deal with self doubts about a site and push on through till you have achieved success? What are some technique you use to bring yourself back to that happy place where you felt good about your site?

Advertisement Placeholder
I get this feeling all too many times myself. I have had this exact thought just recently where I think I have tried everything I can to help me gain traffic and keep a steady flow of members coming onto the forum and I feel like I am fighting a losing battle when it starts to slow down again. I find that if I work better on my promotion skills and getting my content out there it will spike up traffic and activity again it's the keeping content coming onto the forum that they will be interested in after they come back and start interacting again that can be a problem. My problem is I always live by the rule of Never Give Up so I know I will not give up too easily unless I know I really do not have any choice.

I don't really have doubts, It's about the journey, appreciate the time in my opinion. Every site has to go through the slow period and grow in popularity. It does reach heights if there is dedication and support. A Project never succeeds with out tenacity Beverly

Well, whenever I have doubts about anything, I think about my end goal, my motivation. I think about why I wanted to do this in the first place. I think about what could happen if I just continued on and pursue this despite the hardships.

Because in reality, we all have doubts, in our careers, school, relationships and yes, even our sites. But it's how we face those doubts and prove that they aren't real that makes it all worth it. So think about why you wanted to have these forums or sites in the first place.

Are they for monetary purposes? Are they to fulfil a dream? Are they to help others? And when you have that goal in your mind, that can certainly help you continue on even when you have all the difficulties that go with handling a site. Look back as well and see just how far you've come. Would you want that to go to waste?

Good luck!

You will not doubt something that you are certain will work. It is a sign, a symptom. You sense a lack of confidence not because of something wrong with you (doubt), but because your intuition is telling you there is something still missing. Seek more, what exactly stirs up your doubts? Tell us :)

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds