Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Dating Culture

Cory

Community Manager
Community
Team Manager
Website
jcodes.jcink.net
Do you think the dating culture has changed drastically over the years? Do you think it's harder or easier to find a date than it used to be? Do you think social media/dating apps make dating better or worse?

I don't know. I don't like dating apps much: as a woman, you're flooded with messages from men that want only one thing and it's not a relationship.

I'm someone who doesn't believe in casual dating so I can't say much but one thing I'm sure about is that online dating apps these days are used to trap people and demand huge amounts of money from them. If they don't give, a false rape case is filed against them. There are many such cases that happen in India. There are gangs of beautiful girls, lawyers, and even cops that target rich people through dating apps and once the two become sexually active, they start demanding money. It is done very professionally. They take about 6 months to one year to earn the persons's trust.

as a woman, you're flooded with messages from men
That's the odd thing about online dating, women are flooded with messages while men either get no messages or any responses back from their messages. I've experienced this myself just asking general questions about their life and I have seen countless other men on Reddit say similar things about receiving little to no attention in the online dating universe.

Sadly, what you say is probably mostly true that a lot of men aren't looking for a relationship and just want a hookup, but there are men out there who are genuinely interested in building a relationship for either a life partner or a family.

one thing I'm sure about is that online dating apps these days are used to trap people and demand huge amounts of money from them.
This is just sad and a disgrace. It's amazing how many online functions are used today as outlets to try and benefit from other people by taking their money. I haven't heard much about people dealing with this type of demand until now, but I believe it to be true as ever. Online dating is weird to me, I've tried it before and failed and felt super insecure about even trying it out in the first place for instances like this where you never know what the intention is of someone behind a screen.

I believe the sole purpose of dating apps is to hook up. If you are someone who is looking for a serious relationship, never go on a dating app.

Has dating culture changed? Overall, yes. But the good ole methods still exist and still work too (i.e. going to Clubs, meeting people at church, etc).

But to illustrate, in American Sign Language, the sign for dating was making the letter "d" with both hands and tapping them together. But today, the sign for dating is the same sign for texting - bringing your hands together like you are holding a phone and using your thumbs to type.

I'm sure it's changed, things never stay the same anyways in life. I wouldn't know since I have been happily married for four years and been with my spouse for going on 16 years now. I agree with apps, most of the time people are just looking for hookups. I know people who have started their relationships online, and went on to have success but one of them met her now husband playing World of Warcraft lol.

That's the odd thing about online dating, women are flooded with messages while men either get no messages or any responses back from their messages. I've experienced this myself just asking general questions about their life and I have seen countless other men on Reddit say similar things about receiving little to no attention in the online dating universe.

Sadly, what you say is probably mostly true that a lot of men aren't looking for a relationship and just want a hookup, but there are men out there who are genuinely interested in building a relationship for either a life partner or a family.

This is just sad and a disgrace. It's amazing how many online functions are used today as outlets to try and benefit from other people by taking their money. I haven't heard much about people dealing with this type of demand until now, but I believe it to be true as ever. Online dating is weird to me, I've tried it before and failed and felt super insecure about even trying it out in the first place for instances like this where you never know what the intention is of someone behind a screen.
You get flooded with messages as a man on cougarlife.com :D

I believe the sole purpose of dating apps is to hook up. If you are someone who is looking for a serious relationship, never go on a dating app.
Generally, but I found my wife on a dating site.

If you are someone who is looking for a serious relationship, never go on a dating app.
I remember someone had their profile marked as "looking for a serious relationship" and I had mine marked as "looking for a girlfriend" or something and I just messaged her a general question and she blocked me. I guess she was serious about her relationship business.

You get flooded with messages as a man on cougarlife.com :D
Never heard of it until now.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds