Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Dark Days are Upon my Family

ChrisG2010

Reputable member
Credits
Dark days are coming among my family right now, and I ask for any and all prayers.

Currently we are dealing with two situations.
My uncle, Kevin, which has been fighting heart failure with multiple strokes has been struggling the past few months and in a downward spiral. He spent 6 months in ICU trying to recover from just the strokes. He has a pump that is connected to the bottom of his heart that pumps his blood for him and he wears a vest that has batteries in it that run the machine. In the last month and a half, he has been handed off to Hospice (which is the last treatment for those patients that are not going to make it). He has been given unlimited access to medication pain killers to make him comfortable. He has an infection in his chest bones that is spreading throughout his body and nothing has worked to combat the infection. The past week, he has been sleeping most of the time and will also nod off to sleep even when you are speaking to him. He is no longer getting up and walking around like he was. The Doctor told the family to prepare, and he was only going to last around a week..at most.

Also, in the morning my girlfriend Ashley and I are headed to Florida (8.5hrs) after my 12 hour shift to go see her family and her sister that has been diagnosed with Breast Cancer. She became Cancer free, and when she recently had another checkup, the Doctor stated that she had Cancer again and that it has spread to her bones and her liver. She is still very young. We are making this Emergency trip to make sure to make the most out of seeing Family as that is what we cherish the most. Family is everything. We are going to get lots of pictures, and if I get permission I will share them here with the community. God Bless.

Advertisement Placeholder
I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle. You're right. From the sound of it, it sounds like his time is short. I'll be praying that when he does go that he will go in peace. I'm also sorry to hear about your girlfriends sister. She is still very young. I'll be praying for you and everyone involved in these two serious situations. Family is very important, like you said. Take all the time you need. :(

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds