Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Copyright removal

Claraviolet

Renowned member
Credits
Mybb allows copyright removal. In other words, you can remove that back-link in the footer which directs the users to mybb official website. Even so, in turn, you won't receive any support from mybb, from that point on.

I believe it's not worth the effort. So, what do you guys think?
Do you think it's really worth it, to remove the copyright? Can you really manage everything without mybb support?

Advertisement Placeholder
I don't ask them for support but I won't remove it anyway because they did most of the work for a free forum software and earn a backlink.

I think out of simple respect towards the MyBB group, credit should be left intact, or at least moved someplace where you would like it as I know not everyone likes to put credits in the footer.

Though I will say I have received support and did not have to link my forums URL, so it's very possible to still get support and not have the credit intact as long as they do not ask for your URL. :p

I only ask them for support sometimes but the majority of the time I will just leave the copyright. It doesn't hurt the forum in any way

Sometimes I will just edit the message to fit my needs (remove the year dates, and just have "Powered by MyBB" or "Community by MyBB" depending on which text looks best with the given theme). I always try to keep the copyrights unless I have a strong, valid reason to remove them.

I wouldn't remove it. They're giving you something for free, and I don't have that much of an issue at all with giving them the credit due to them.

Out of all the forums, I've only changed it one. I just moved it to the bottom right of the header. I keep it with all other forums.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds