Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Conspiracy Theories

Shawn Gossman1

Legendary member
Administrator
Website
www.shawngossman.com
Credits
How do you feel about members discussing and spreading conspiracy theories on your forum?

You could also group misinformation in with this.

For example, much misinformation spread during the pandemic on the internet. So much so that social media had to take action and "fact check."

Would you stop this on your own forum?

Do you have rules against it now?

Have you ever had to deal with it before?

Advertisement Placeholder
Whole point of a forum is discussion so there will always be stuff you don't agree with, certainly wouldn't stop conversation unless it became discrimination. Everybody had different views and that's OK.

Whole point of a forum is discussion so there will always be stuff you don't agree with, certainly wouldn't stop conversation unless it became discrimination. Everybody had different views and that's OK.
I think that's a good attitude to have.

As long as the conspiracy theories or one-sided opinions isn't being officially supported by the forum. There needs to be a middle ground, a mediator, right?

I do not promote such discussions. Neither participates in it. Mainly because it can get out of hand easily.

Also, people can come up with bizarre theories without any logical backing.

Also, people can come up with bizarre theories without any logical backing.
Someone tried to tell me that an island I visited on the Mississippi river wasn't actually a rock but an ancient melted building.

They called it Meltology. It's as strange as the flat earth theories.

I ultimately decided to remove the comment and hide the user from my YouTube channel.

Not too long ago there was a conspiracy theory doing the rounds that there was a virus loose that would kill humanity unless everyone wore masks, maintained social distancing and got vaccinated. That hysterical outburst fizzled out of its own accord. Previous to that was China was going to take over the world which ran in tandem that the world is going to end in x number of years through global warming or climate change (take your pick). North Korea about to invade the US was also popular for a while.

On the other hand, Snowden turned his conspiracy theory into truth by proving governments were really spying on their populations.

So I suppose it depends on the level of ‘conspiracy’ theory. Certainly, you don’t want to attract the shape shifting reptile lot with tin foil hats which any conspiracy forum that takes off would do.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds