Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Completely Redoing a Site

JLogan

Legendary member
Website
www.clickreadshare.com
Credits
Have you ever taken one of your popular sites and just completely changed how it looked and how it was formatted? What was the reaction?

I have a site that I'm thinking about completely remodeling, but I'm not sure how to go about it. There's a lot I'd like to change, but I'm not sure if I should change things slowly or just change things in one big blast.

What are your thoughts?

Advertisement Placeholder
I've completely redesigned and rebranded my main website (RihtarDesigns) several times in the past few years, but despite the many changes it was received very well by everyone.

I'd say to simply go and change it all at once so that the users have to get used to the new functions/look only once instead of several times with several gradual updates. In other words; Don't be FaceBook or YouTube.

I have done it several times with 2 of my sites.
As far as the traffic details, I don't even bother to care them. But anyway one of those websites is getting a lot of traffic even when there is a 3 months inactivity from me! :)

The other website is like a portfolio website for me. I am not serious about that either. It looks like a linux terminal as of now :p
link: awesome-techs.net

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds