Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Community Software Wishlist

Advertisement Placeholder
phpBB - One thing I wish would be built into the software is backwards compatibility. I think it's a big ask for people to actively maintain and develop extensions over decades whilst the core software changes, so have some degree of backwards compatibility would be amazing.

It'd open up the software (at least the latest versions) to so many more great extensions that sadly were abandoned, and no longer function after updates. It would also mean that will that work from years ago was not in vain!

Unfortunately, there's probably a good reason it isn't. Perhaps building in such features would be far too complex. But that is the nature of open source software I suppose.

XenForo
The one "big feature" i would like to see is a well integrated groups/calendar capability. I have a 3rd party one, but I prefer to use as much 1st party as I can as I know it will most likely be around for a while.
They REALLY need to give some love to their 1st party add-ons so that you can cross-use prefixes between the forum, XFRM and XFMG (and even 3rd party add-ons). It's a REAL PITA to keep up with custom CSS for those prefixes across 5-6 add-ons for appearance consistency. I can see each add-on needing their on.. but the script should have the ability to show the overall prefixes in use, and allow you to duplicate them in other add-on areas. You CAN re-use the custom CSS definitions... but you STILL have to list prefixes separately in each add-on.
It could also do with having the ability with the image mirroring to duplicate custom fields (selectable in the forum node) when it mirrors those images into XFMG. As it is now, for mine, I post them in a thread and input all the parameters of the capture, then I have to duplicate those entries in XFMG once it's mirrored.
They have usually concentrated on the low hanging fruit though.

Last edited:

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds