Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Collective tips?

Well, it may be good but I don't quite agree with this method. Every member of a team have one or two role he or she is playing. And as long as the team is achieving good result, I, believe, there's no point in sacking the lazy one.

Such kind of roles are assigned by the manager. Some people are too overburdened with the job and this is quite understandable. However, people should not be overburdened all the time.

Advertisement Placeholder
The most important thing here is that there should be rules and regulations that is going to stop somebody from stealing the money at the end of the day. Aside from that I believe that it is a very good thing.

Yes, I also think that they should be entitled to the money. There are many ways to look at this issue. The waiters in the restaurant are the ones who tend to serve the customers. They should get some extra incentives for their services.
What about the generator man that makes sure the generator is up and running for the comfort of the customer, does he not also serve the customer? What I am saying is that there should be a way of compensating somw of this department

This is an excellent idea. This will promote hard work since it means they get more to share. How will it help weed out the lazy workers? Won't it make them lazier since they will still get their share irrespective of what they do?
This is actually a very good point. When everybody works hard then a particular person may try as much as possible to be lazy. But in that way, the members can collectively weed out the person if they find any atom of laziness.

This is actually a very good point. When everybody works hard then a particular person may try as much as possible to be lazy. But in that way, the members can collectively weed out the person if they find any atom of laziness.

Laziness is one of the huge enemies of people. lazy people may rarely become successful. Procrastination could lead to many problems and people may face financial issues as they might be lazy enough to not work and make money.

Laziness is one of the huge enemies of people. lazy people may rarely become successful. Procrastination could lead to many problems and people may face financial issues as they might be lazy enough to not work and make money.
Probably, people who are lazy will find it very difficult to be successful in any kind of thing they do. That is why those who are successful are always very much hard-working and they do not waste their time in some things.

What about the generator man that makes sure the generator is up and running for the comfort of the customer, does he not also serve the customer? What I am saying is that there should be a way of compensating somw of this department
I'm also of this opinion. It's common in our society for people to looked down people that 'are' less department. For instance, the man that is in charge of generator may not much respect as deserve.

Probably, people who are lazy will find it very difficult to be successful in any kind of thing they do. That is why those who are successful are always very much hard-working and they do not waste their time in some things.

Well, I am a hardworking person. However, I try my best to make sure that I do not fall ill. Working too much can also cause fatigue and this could be really bad for you.

Well, I am a hardworking person. However, I try my best to make sure that I do not fall ill. Working too much can also cause fatigue and this could be really bad for you.
i always prioritize my health as i believe it is paramount in everything in life, as i can not enjoy the dividends of my hard work if i am not healthy and fit, so i always have time to rest.

My friend owned a restaurant and any tips received by any waiter were put into the box and by the end of the month, the tips were equally divided among all staff/. I think this is a good strategy.

My friend owned a restaurant and any tips received by any waiter were put into the box and by the end of the month, the tips were equally divided among all staff/. I think this is a good strategy.

Well, this is away the waiters get paid equally. However, I do not think that all the waiters share the tips equally. There are many waiters who keep all the money they receive as tips.

Well bonuses to employees based on groups, can be really encouraging sometimes but also caused also to confusion too. If bonuses should be given, it should be to all or based on individuals performance at work.

That is a good idea and it would encourage the staff unlike some other companies where all the tips received would go directly into the company's account and they will not settle their staffs.

Tips are generally meant for the staff and not the owner, owner makes profit from selling, and the workers do receive any percentage on the sales. Therefore, the company should not take the tips.

It's good for you to enact collective tips but individual bonuses should be in place as well. There's motivation that way and I feel that's the way to go; I'll do that anyways if I was a business owner
Every business owner should be able to do this because it will give him an insight of how to run the business continuously and it will even motivate him to continue running the business

That is a good idea and it would encourage the staff unlike some other companies where all the tips received would go directly into the company's account and they will not settle their staffs.
most people will actually be very much motivated to work for a company that has collective tips. It will be a very big motivation to most of the employees and it will also enhance productivity.

most people will actually be very much motivated to work for a company that has collective tips. It will be a very big motivation to most of the employees and it will also enhance productivity.
It is very correct that it will enhance productivity and it will increase the rate at which staffs are dedicated to doing their work because when tips are given to employees, they will do better at work.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds