Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Collective tips?

glitch

beep boop
Credits
I was not sure where to put this but it is a business concept that deals with finances so I am putting it here.

Basically, some people have suggested that it would be better to have a collective tip and bonus pool for employees that they all split at the end of the month to encourage better team building skills and working as a collective to keep a business running. This also weeds out lazy workers. Thoughts?

Advertisement Placeholder
It's good for you to enact collective tips but individual bonuses should be in place as well. There's motivation that way and I feel that's the way to go; I'll do that anyways if I was a business owner

I was not sure where to put this but it is a business concept that deals with finances so I am putting it here.

Basically, some people have suggested that it would be better to have a collective tip and bonus pool for employees that they all split at the end of the month to encourage better team building skills and working as a collective to keep a business running. This also weeds out lazy workers. Thoughts?
This is an excellent idea. This will promote hard work since it means they get more to share. How will it help weed out the lazy workers? Won't it make them lazier since they will still get their share irrespective of what they do?

Collective tips will only encourage the lazy workers as they will get extra money without any effort and at the same time the hardworking individual will lose their deserving tip amount.

This is an excellent idea. This will promote hard work since it means they get more to share. How will it help weed out the lazy workers? Won't it make them lazier since they will still get their share irrespective of what they do?
The concept is simple. If you have a team of people who work hard and earn the collective share each month and they notice someone slacking off and hurting the company which directly will lower their shares, they can vote them out. I.E. a report can be made and they will be terminated.

I think that there should be a much better system when it comes to offering bonuses to employees. It should be based on performance of each and every employee.

Collective tips is like collective effort to make business growth,for someone that attain that you need serious minded people that can reason along with you.

Collective tips is like collective effort to make business growth,for someone that attain that you need serious minded people that can reason along with you.

I think that such kind of "tips" are basically created in order to facilitate the employees. This is a common thing in many workplaces. I think that restaurants also have this system where employees gets tips and they distribute it at the end of the day.

It is actually a good idea to help promote the commitment and improve the efficiency that the workers put into their duties,they will be more motivated in doing their jobs.

Actually collective tips and ideas might be very important in building individuals but to some extent it might lead to disunity between the separate groups. and also bonuses should be quite separately and given based on individual performance secretly.

Actually collective tips and ideas might be very important in building individuals but to some extent it might lead to disunity between the separate groups. and also bonuses should be quite separately and given based on individual performance secretly.

Bonuses and tips are usually distributed in many business. However, this may not necessarily be the case. Some restaurant waiters do not distribute the tip at all.

Bonuses and tips are usually distributed in many business. However, this may not necessarily be the case. Some restaurant waiters do not distribute the tip at all.
Distribution of tips needs to be done in a very fair manner so that any party would not feel cheated, let's say the person that actually gets the tip should work earn more than the person that did not get the tip

Distribution of tips needs to be done in a very fair manner so that any party would not feel cheated, let's say the person that actually gets the tip should work earn more than the person that did not get the tip

Some waiters in a restaurant may get more tips as compared to the other. Tips are not necessarily distributed amongst the waiters in many restaurants all the time.

You are correct that tips are not shared among the waiters in a restaurant but I hope most restaurant would generate this sort of practice by giving out tips made from the restaurant among the general staffs.

You are correct that tips are not shared among the waiters in a restaurant but I hope most restaurant would generate this sort of practice by giving out tips made from the restaurant among the general staffs.

There might be a reason why tips might not be shared. All the waiters might consider their tips as the money they have earned and this is why they believe that they are the ones who are entitled to keep that money.

There might be a reason why tips might not be shared. All the waiters might consider their tips as the money they have earned and this is why they believe that they are the ones who are entitled to keep that money.
you are right that they are entitled to the money, but lets look at this from a different scenario, imagine the food they ordered was not nice or the place is not properly cleaned would most of the customers be happy enough to tip them?

you are right that they are entitled to the money, but lets look at this from a different scenario, imagine the food they ordered was not nice or the place is not properly cleaned would most of the customers be happy enough to tip them?

Yes, I also think that they should be entitled to the money. There are many ways to look at this issue. The waiters in the restaurant are the ones who tend to serve the customers. They should get some extra incentives for their services.

In order order assist other workers or waiters that are not sounded (introverts ) , collecting the tips and sharing it equally should have been the best thing to do , but some prefer that you should keep what you earn .

In order order assist other workers or waiters that are not sounded (introverts ) , collecting the tips and sharing it equally should have been the best thing to do , but some prefer that you should keep what you earn .

I Think that majority of the people would hold the opinion that if a waiter is getting a tip, then it is fine for them to keep up the entire amount and they must not be obliged to distribute the tip money with others.

The concept is simple. If you have a team of people who work hard and earn the collective share each month and they notice someone slacking off and hurting the company which directly will lower their shares, they can vote them out. I.E. a report can be made and they will be terminated.
Well, it may be good but I don't quite agree with this method. Every member of a team have one or two role he or she is playing. And as long as the team is achieving good result, I, believe, there's no point in sacking the lazy one.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds