Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Choosing Staff

Advertisement Placeholder
Choosing of staff member depend on the forum owner. If I create my forum, I will definitely have some qualities I'm looking for in my staff. So, if I see someone that have this quality, I will definitely hire such person.

One of the things that i usually look at for is the ones that share in the vision of the organisation,and then the aspect of character is another.

When it comes to picking staff members for a forum that I run, I always look at how active they are on the forum, how much time they spend on the forum and whether they seem mature enough to be a moderator. Usually they are pretty easy to pick out once I get active members on the forum as you can usually tell if they are strongly interested in the forum and the wellbeing of the forum through their posts.

I'm the one that's being hired as staff mostly. On my own sites, I'm the only staff member.

I choose staff based on: quality of posts, are they likable by the community - do they even like the community in general too, are they friendly? I consider their activity - if someone is a great member but they only post on one day a week, I may not be able to hire them due to needing a bit more activity. I prefer to see people come online 3-4 times a week at the very least - even if it's just a check in with a few posts made. Are they knowledgeable about the forum content/niche?

Whenever I do hire staff for my forum, I see how active the member is and if they have previous experience. I also see how they get along with the rest of my community, I also see if they've asked to be staff at a previous time. If I can trust them, I will most likely promote them, but if they've asked to be staff or broke any of the rules at some point in time I won't promote them.

It's hard, most times you may not have a choice. If you need more help and only a handful is willing to say yes then you have a choice based on what they said, end of the day you just need to hire them and give them a chance and get to know them. I had a bad history with the staff team on my end, from being willing to join and help then ending up not pleasing you and using it for their own benefits or they can't handle it and leave.

End of the day I end up doing it myself, but even I just lose it. I have not had a member who loves being on-site and then became a staff, never. it's always been outside.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds