Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

ChatGPT in forums

Support? The only context I'd ever want AI bots is to direct people to existing content; it's more likely to give them bad advice confidently than it is to give them good advice. (Not that it can't give good advice, because it can, but it doesn't have any understanding, it'll just be looking for words that match.)

Roleplaying... I might try that in a private board when my next site gets set up. I rather suspect it'll die on not having enough material to work with and leaving the other person not even remotely enough material to do anything with. But we shall see. (I also think it'll die on not having access to any of the lore.)
I was thinking more on the lines of generic FAQs being answered until a member of staff logs on and can provide better support. Though you’re right, it would try to offer what it believes is solid advice but it won’t be able to fully answer members questions.

Worse, it would office what it believes is solid advice that may absolutely make the problem worse. I haven't tried it on actual support questions but I'm tempted to in the spirit of inquiry.

Don't know until you try, right?

While I don't use ChatGPT to write posts, I am currently experimenting with using it to come up with new ideas for topics.

I made a list of topics that had been successful in the past; fed it into ChatGPT; and asked it to come up with similar ideas. And not all of its suggestions were great (which is fair enough, since half the ideas I come up with just aren't good enough either :p ), but it did come up with several that I'll be able to make use of.

Whether the experiment will succeed remains to be seen - but, I am quite hopeful. Like I said, I won't actually get ChatGPT to write the opening posts for any of these: I'll do that myself!

We use ChatGPT bots on our site, I think we have 5 (maybe 6) different bots that members can call upon to help them "solve" problems or give additional information about a subject. We've never had any problems or complaints about the bots or the information provided and the way we use them is basically just like searching Google for answers but we have those answers displayed in our forum posts.

Members know they are communicating with a bot because you have to mention the bot's name to get a response and each bot response is clearly marked with a warning about inaccuracies and/or seeking further professional advice.

It has worked well so far for our site and memberbase answering queries or expanding on information posted by users on the occasions its been used (which hasn't been too often).

Attachments

• AIBot1.png
    AIBot1.png
    229.5 KB · Views: 7
  • AIBot2.png
    AIBot2.png
    157.3 KB · Views: 7
  • AIBot3.png
    AIBot3.png
    175.1 KB · Views: 7
We use ChatGPT bots on our site, I think we have 5 (maybe 6) different bots that members can call upon to help them "solve" problems or give additional information about a subject. We've never had any problems or complaints about the bots or the information provided and the way we use them is basically just like searching Google for answers but we have those answers displayed in our forum posts.

Members know they are communicating with a bot because you have to mention the bot's name to get a response and each bot response is clearly marked with a warning about inaccuracies and/or seeking further professional advice.

It has worked well so far for our site and memberbase answering queries or expanding on information posted by users on the occasions its been used (which hasn't been too often).
What kind of expenses are you looking at on a monthly basis?

What kind of expenses are you looking at on a monthly basis?
Not sure about the monthly breakdown but there have been 193 ChatGTP messages on our site, some of those are images but most are just text. It has cost us $2.78 in total - we were credited $18 when we signed up (March 2023) so we've hardly used anything.

We are still using ChatGTP 3.5 though. If I wanted to upgrade to ChatGTP 4.0 it would be $20 per month plus whatever tokens you used each month.

Not sure about the monthly breakdown but there have been 193 ChatGTP messages on our site, some of those are images but most are just text. It has cost us $2.78 in total - we were credited $18 when we signed up (March 2023) so we've hardly used anything.

We are still using ChatGTP 3.5 though. If I wanted to upgrade to ChatGTP 4.0 it would be $20 per month plus whatever tokens you used each month.
That's not bad to be fair. Might give it a try.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest