Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Changing career fields

Joshua Farrell

Captain Junkie
Credits
Do you know anybody who has led a successful career in one field and then suddenly given it up and changed to something completely different? What reasons do you think they may have had?

Advertisement Placeholder
Yes, I know a few people who have done this. One of my brothers worked in a law firm for 10 years and decided being a lawyer was not for him. He made great money and walked away from it to open up a shop of his own dedicated to aquariums and fish keeping. Even after 2020, his business is still thriving.

Yes some people are like that sometimes maybe they don't like the job or is not giving them what they want, this can make them change the work completely and move to another.

I am currently in the health field but then I am trying to switch off to technological field because of the massive potential that is there and also how tiring the healthcare sector can be.

There are various reason why some person would change the line of business to another,i have a partnerwhao because of multiple taxation and lack of customers decided to change from his household consumable products to servicing oriented job.

This kind of thing is very common with the wealthy people in my country . They will always strive to gain more income. I know a man who has made fortune in the oil and gas industry and because he was not satisfied, he travelled abroad to pursue another job.

Yes there are many people who have study a particular course and became successful in their career and later on change to another aspect and most people that do that are people that study medical courses.

There are various reason why some person would change the line of business to another,i have a partnerwhao because of multiple taxation and lack of customers decided to change from his household consumable products to servicing oriented job.
I have seen many people who changes their career and business simply because the current one they choose is not doing well , or due to some other reason best known to them .

Do you know anybody who has led a successful career in one field and then suddenly given it up and changed to something completely different? What reasons do you think they may have had?
Yes I meet many people who were experts on their field but changed it because of some factors maybe because of the need in that time or maybe because of some personal problems.

I have seen many people who changes their career and business simply because the current one they choose is not doing well , or due to some other reason best known to them .
Some persons after they might have exercise some patience in their field of expertise and they found out that things are not moving as planed,they will have no other option than to switch to another sector.

In some cases, the said person could have been extremely proficient in their profession and attained success from it. However, privately, this may not be their passion, and in some time, the said person may divert to his or her passion at the slightest opportunity

I've seen a lot of people dropping their career for another career but I've not seen someone dropping a successful. Most have to change way if what they're doing is not favorable

Yes some people are like that sometimes maybe they don't like the job or is not giving them what they want, this can make them change the work completely and move to another.
When you are not getting what you desire in you place of work,it is left for you to look for an alternative,that is why some persons would go out and look for either a high paying job,or the one that give them leverage to grow.

Yes I have and one of the reasons given by one of them close to me was career dream and satisfaction. He entered the previous job because of the financial prospect then, now he's seeing something he enjoys more.

Yes, I have seen people like that who have succeeded in their previous but all of the sudden jump to another field. There's a man in my area that was working in an oil company and he is successful in this field. But recently he resigned and started studying law. I don't know the reason for his action.

my brother worked in a law firm for 10 years and decided being a lawyer was not for him. He made great money and walked away from it to open up a shop of his own dedicated to aquariums and fish keeping. Even after 2020, his business is still thriving.

my brother worked in a law firm for 10 years and decided being a lawyer was not for him. He made great money and walked away from it to open up a shop of his own dedicated to aquariums and fish keeping. Even after 2020, his business is still thriving.
There's nothing bad in changing a carer if you realised that you at not fit and perfect for that particular field, You can have another field and career which you like More.

The most important thing people seek is satisfaction and happiness. When people are not satisfied or happy with their jobs they might quit and do something that they enjoy. I once left a good-paying job because I was not satisfied with the job. MY cousin also left a job because he as not happy top start his own business

There's a friend of mine who was a very successful biochemist. He was top of his class and was employed in a very popular pharmaceutical company in my state. He was being paid very well but all of a sudden, he quit the job and entered into Pastoring school. We all thought that it was a job but today he's a Rev. Pastor.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds