Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Certification Exams

Advertisement Placeholder
About a year and a half back I was preparing for IELTS and TOEFL exams to get certified as a proper British and American English speaker and listener. This is a mandatory test for getting admission to most foreign universities. I used to prepare myself by giving mock tests and finding out the areas I was weak to eventually work on improving in those areas. The preparation phase was quite easy for me. However, I didn't sit for the exams because I got a well-paying job here. So, I postponed my PG plan (for M.B.A) to sometime in the future.

So in order to become a certified teacher I had to take the generalist test, the PPR, and then I took the SPED and ESL test. The only one I studied for was the ESL test since I didn't have many ESL classes. I passed all thankfully in my first try. I heard they have made the tests harder in the last few years so who knows if I could pass today.

I also attempted microsoft certifications. I was certified in 2007 Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and maybe Excel. I think Access was the one I attempted but did not get the certification but I got very proficient in it.

I'm going to take the CTEF test to become a "Certified" Tile Setter some day. I've already paid for it but I haven't actually taken it yet.

Here in Ohio, there's really no need for it. I'm only doing it so I can use it for marketing. "I know you're getting other quotes. Don't forget to ask them if they are certified" lol :D

There's a manual and a written test, followed by a field test where you have 8 hours to construct something according to plans and it has to be nearly perfect.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 75.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds