Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Bullies at the workplace, how do you deal?

Advertisement Placeholder
I think it's really important to raise these issues with your manager and/or HR, potentially put a grievance in. Going to work where you feel anxious or uncomfortable is just very detrimental to your mental health and your overall performance in the role, so there's no reason to suffer in silence. As a people manager myself, I make myself very available and my colleagues know they can approach me regarding any issues like this.

In my 1.5 decades at an LEO, I ran across this several times... and I had NO issues reporting them to admin for the start of an internal affairs investigation. I had a REAL problem with an LEO (with the amount of power they are granted) abusing it. To me, those that did were sacks of crap and needed to be kicked to the curb. I was NOT a "big believer" in the thin blue line, but I WAS a big believer in honorable service. We are ALL humans and subject to making mistakes... those mistakes should not be punished, but corrected for future responses... but there was that small segment that got into law enforcement (and amazingly, many from the military) that could not get over the "I rule over you" attitude.

This is one of the reasons I take MANY of the fairy tales that come out of LEO confrontations with a LARGE grain of salt... and the pity is, like I said, I pushed the badge for 15 years.

I think it's really important to raise these issues with your manager and/or HR
One guy at my old place of work said F-you like 20 times in a row to my face and I told the manager and the next day he called me the P-word. I didn't tell them after that, but he did stop after he called me that. He ended up being fired eventually, anywho.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds