Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Building your dream house

Website
agoraforo.com
Credits
If you had the ability to design and construct your own home, what elements or amenities would you ensure were included, such as a specific number of bedrooms and bathrooms, a designated entertainment area, specific color schemes, a particular style of kitchen, and possibly a swimming pool or off-road track for four-wheeling?

Advertisement Placeholder
I'd have a room for statuettes since I like collecting them and they can be spread afar with the room dedicated just for them, I'd probably have an entertainment cove where I hang out and listen to music/watch TV/play video games, I'd probably have framed posters of all of my interests, if I lived alone I would probably only want two bedrooms (one for me and one for guests), probably only two bathrooms as well both with all the necessities, I'd want multiple closets for storage and separation, and a garage to park my car in would be nice.

Almost like a normal home, really, just with some things I admire to spruce it up. I'm somewhat of a minimalist, so I don't really want a mansion or too many belongings personally.

I honestly have no idea. I have no flair for home design, my wife is the decorator of the pair of us.

These are things I would want...

I want a larger gaming area for my husband and I where we would have space for both computer set ups and be able to have a board game area in it as well. Just a general game room. A large kitchen and dining area. I would prefer the layout to be an open layout. I would love a covered porch with a firepit or fireplace outside! A TV outside would be kind of cool as well. I would love a swimming pool in a dream home, but I don't think I need need it. The lawn must have water sprinklers and be able to schedule them to go off. Large master bedroom, and the master bathroom must have a huge shower - dream shower <3. Two sinks one for me and one for him. A large master closet, and dream me would like a walk way to his side and a walk way to my side. Between the two walk ways would have a washer and dryer so we wouldn't have to drag our laundry far. Even if we had kids I don't think that would be bad. I would like a large living room that can provide an entertainment vibe - lighting and all. Surround sound speakers and etc. If we had the gaming room I think we would need a total of maybe 3 bedrooms including ours. One being a guest bed and one to possibly be a future childs room. I would also like to build in a pet center kind of thing in a mudroom from walking in from the garage. Have it more set up and ready for his food, his litterbox and etc.

I've also seen people have their kitchen/pantry near the garage and they have a small door where they can slide all the groceries in from the garage. I think this would be helpful as well! I would also like a larger garage in general. With a truck and a explorer there is no way we can both fit into our garage. It's like we need a 2 and a half garage.

My tastes, wants and needs have changed over the years, and now that I'm older, I want something completely different than a decade ago or from when I was first married.

My next house is going to be a ranch style with basement and the laundry will be on the main floor. I'm well aware of how my knees aren't going to be the same as I age, so I think having that type of house will be best for my needs. I don't want a lot of land either and we currently have an acre which I think is too much at times to take care of.

I'm one of those who isn't too thrilled with open concept! We have our kitchen, eat in area and family room all open and my dirty dishes are always right there in my face. Plus the stench of the garbage. P.U.

I'd like 3 bedrooms and 2 baths, one of those bathrooms will be for the primary.

We're talking about retiring (not for another decade) near the ocean. I don't think I want to be right on the ocean because of hurricanes.

As for color, I'd love a cute yellow house with white trim and a nice porch with a swing. Inside, NO white cabinetry! ugh. I love cherry wood and I like quartz for countertops. We're into either beiges or grays. And we love hardwood floors.

My tastes, wants and needs have changed over the years, and now that I'm older, I want something completely different than a decade ago or from when I was first married.

My next house is going to be a ranch style with basement and the laundry will be on the main floor. I'm well aware of how my knees aren't going to be the same as I age, so I think having that type of house will be best for my needs. I don't want a lot of land either and we currently have an acre which I think is too much at times to take care of.

I'm one of those who isn't too thrilled with open concept! We have our kitchen, eat in area and family room all open and my dirty dishes are always right there in my face. Plus the stench of the garbage. P.U.

I'd like 3 bedrooms and 2 baths, one of those bathrooms will be for the primary.

We're talking about retiring (not for another decade) near the ocean. I don't think I want to be right on the ocean because of hurricanes.

As for color, I'd love a cute yellow house with white trim and a nice porch with a swing. Inside, NO white cabinetry! ugh. I love cherry wood and I like quartz for countertops. We're into either beiges or grays. And we love hardwood floors.
I love ranch style homes! I hate that they are becoming out of style and most of the ranch style homes here basically need to be torn down and rebuilt because of the age. I can see the benefit for not an open concept, but I just like how it makes the home larger. Ooooh based on your post I also realized...

I've always dreamt of a wrap around porch! I want rocking chairs on them. <3 I also would love a long drive way or a U drive, but preferably a long driveway a bit off the road because I hate having cars along the streets.

I love ranch style homes! I hate that they are becoming out of style and most of the ranch style homes here basically need to be torn down and rebuilt because of the age. I can see the benefit for not an open concept, but I just like how it makes the home larger. Ooooh based on your post I also realized...

I've always dreamt of a wrap around porch! I want rocking chairs on them. <3 I also would love a long drive way or a U drive, but preferably a long driveway a bit off the road because I hate having cars along the streets.

We have a huge back deck made of composite wood, so it's easy to care for, and we have two really good-sized rocking chairs! I got them from Overstock on sale...and I mean a good sale. They're teak and have lasted probably 7 years now.

We have a huge back deck made of composite wood, so it's easy to care for, and we have two really good-sized rocking chairs! I got them from Overstock on sale...and I mean a good sale. They're teak and have lasted probably 7 years now.
That sounds like a very good deal, especially since they've lasted so long!

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 77.4%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds