Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Breaking rules by a staff memer

Claraviolet

Renowned member
Credits
If a staff member breaks rules, how would deal with him/her?
Some staff members always act professional but some of them don't really bother about such things. Still, they remain active and do some duties, just like any other staff member.

So, how would you deal with such a person?
As for me, I would ignore some stuff but if it is really serious then I will talk to them personally.
What about you guys?

Advertisement Placeholder
For me, staff are supposed to represent to the membership, the example that is supposed to be followed. If I know that a staff member is knowingly (or unknowingly) breaking a rule, I will usually have a talk with them, to make sure that they understand what they are doing, and what I might have to do, if they continue breaking various rules.

Staff members are expected to follow the rules just like everyone. If anything, the punishment should be more severe when it comes to dealing with staff members who break rules. They are one who should know better, and they reflect on the forum as a whole. Members look to staff members to know what's up, and if staff members are constantly ignoring forum rules, members will assume they can do the same. I would try to talk to the staff member, but if the problem continued, termination would be expected.

I would warn them of the consequences of what would happen the next time if they broke the rules and encourage them to follow the rules as any other community member would do. I've never had to deal with staff members breaking the rules but that's what I would probably do.

I would first of all give them a friendly reminder in the PM System and then if they continued to break the rules they would get removed from staff.

If my staff ever breaks rules, First i would send him/her a PM and if he/she still breaks the rules, then I will remove them from their position.

The first time, I would give them a reminder via PM or the staff room. The second, I may suspend them for a week or two. If it still happens, they would be fired and subject to a ban.

If you are hire a person to be a staff member on your forum and this individual has been on your forum for a while now, then more than likely they will already know the rules. I try to make sure that a person understands the rules before they become a staff member on my forum anyway. But I'll send them a PM to make sure they understand the rules. If they repeatedly break the rules, I will remove them from their position.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds