Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Breaching Reddit TOS?

Credits
A friend of mine told me about how he has been trying to market and promote on reddit but he keeps hitting a roadblock with his account being banned or suspended over a period of time. He usually embed his promotional links in his posts or comments but every now and then, his account gets banned.

Is anyone else having the same issue when using Reddit to market and promote?

Advertisement Placeholder
I don't know about platform wide hits but I do know local communities don't generally appreciate people showing up specifically to advertise something unless it's clearly solicited, explicitly allowed or a relevant reference while doing something 'normal', ie, linking a contextual article/discussion and what have you while offering something straight up.

The subreddit moderators are likely not allowing the use of links. I’ve had my links removed on some subreddits, but there are others where I have no issues. Each subreddit has its own rules, usually located at the top under the 'see more' tab.

Additionally, some subreddits may have a 'pinned' post that displays the rules.

The subreddit moderators are likely not allowing the use of links. I’ve had my links removed on some subreddits, but there are others where I have no issues. Each subreddit has its own rules, usually located at the top under the 'see more' tab.

Additionally, some subreddits may have a 'pinned' post that displays the rules.

You are right and it is for this reason that anyone who is looking to post on Reddit should read the rules of each subReddit that they are posting on to ensure that they stick with the rules of each of them.

I don't know about platform wide hits but I do know local communities don't generally appreciate people showing up specifically to advertise something unless it's clearly solicited, explicitly allowed or a relevant reference while doing something 'normal', ie, linking a contextual article/discussion and what have you while offering something straight up.

Thank you for the input. It might be as a result of how he makes use of those links which I'm not sure but I'll definitely ask him to find out for certain. If its something that warrant asking for permission before posting them, then he would have to do that from now onwards.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 22 81.5%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds