Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

đźš« Closed/Paused Books Nook Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
From a glance your forum is very easy to navigate, and it's not cluttered. I would switch switch your categories around though, since the forum is based on books I think having the Book Talk category before the General Discussion category would look better. The theme is simple and easy on the eyes as well. I do feel that there should be more content added to the empty subforums, but it's a great start so far!

You know, I don't really recall seeing many book forums, so this might be a nice niche to try and tackle. The forum layout being minimal for just opening is probably a good thing because you can always expand on the way. Just keep promoting your board and adding in more content and you may very well find the activity picking up.

Thank you both for your feedback! @Ravenfreak I took your suggestion and swapped the categories and I agree it does flow better that way. I am slowly making headway in terms of content. :)

I wanted to wait until I got on the computer before I gave feedback!

I have a few suggestions for the layout: I would think Questions & Suggestions could go together and take away another area - you could bring the introduction area into that section then as well - but I also think it works towards the bottom since you only have 2 areas within the general discussion.

I like the idea of book clubs - you could totally go to reddit or different book groups and see different books that have the most attention for the year and then be able to advertise to those people and get some great discussions.

I would also like to recommend adding a "Recommend a book" section - where people can say "I like reading books about xyz... does anyone have recommendations?" Then people can recommend books they've read. This is done frequently in my book groups I'm on so there is definitely a place for that.

Visually
- I would love to see a more bookish theme! I like the main default theme mainly because I love purple lol, but for the banner to include something book-ish would be awesome at least.

*Interest wise I'm super interested in the forum myself and I think there is plenty of possibility for your forum to grow - you just have to find the community for it. :)

Thanks for much for the feedback @Reverie!

I have a few suggestions for the layout: I would think Questions & Suggestions could go together and take away another area - you could bring the introduction area into that section then as well - but I also think it works towards the bottom since you only have 2 areas within the general discussion.
I have thought on merging the two sections but I was interested to using Xenforo’s format for Questions and Suggestions. Mostly the voting on suggestions features and answering questions. Depending on how things I am totally open to merging the two sections in the future.

I like the idea of book clubs - you could totally go to reddit or different book groups and see different books that have the most attention for the year and then be able to advertise to those people and get some great discussions.
This is something I am for sure going to be looking into. I haven’t decided if boois clubs will be added once the forum gains more members or something I can implement now.

I would also like to recommend adding a "Recommend a book" section - where people can say "I like reading books about xyz... does anyone have recommendations?" Then people can recommend books they've read. This is done frequently in my book groups I'm on so there is definitely a place for that.
I love this! I went ahead and added a section for that on the forums.

I am looking for away to add a more book feel like you mentioned. I just have really figure out to how to do that year while still going for a more simple theme. But It something I am looking at.

I know some people use an add on found on XF about movies and series, maybe that would be easily configurable to books? Providing reviews etc. When I’m back from my holiday, I can look for the add on if your not tech savvy enough. Your call. :)

Otherwise, I think you’re off to a great start. Haven’t checked it out on desktop yet so my review is only based on mobile.

@Cedric thanks for the recommendation! I have added Bob's Item Management System to the site for books. So far it seems to be working out pretty well for displaying books and adding reviews. I'm still checking out all the different options and seeing what works best.

Reactions: Bob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 20 80.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds