Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

.Blog

Shawn Gossman

Renowned member
Bronze Member
Website
www.discusscommunities.com
What do you think about using .blog for a blog rather than using a .com?

My personal blog uses .blog but it's nothing significant so I don't mind using it.

My "professional" blogs use a .com domain name. I can't get path using a .com for them. I just feel like it'll be easier for the masses to remember.

What do you think about these new domain names like .blog and so on? Versus the .com that is?

.com is the one everyone remembers, and it's been around basically forever.

I don't think I've seen a .blog in the wild, come to think of it. I think it's gone as well as .ws (for website) did, except without the domain hack angle (e.g. windo.ws type stuff)

On that sort of note, actually... .forum exists but it's so preposterously expensive so I don't expect to ever see it in the wild.

On that sort of note, actually... .forum exists but it's so preposterously expensive so I don't expect to ever see it in the wild.
I saw that!!!

I guess they're considered FORUM to be more of a organizational forum. I'm not sure. .FM is nearly $80. I've seen a few of them over several hundred dollars.

I mean the .com is always going to be more brandable... why charge that much? Like you said, we're not seeing a lot of these in the wild.

I don't often see any domains other than .com, .net, or .org. I rarely will see a .xyz or .io so I can't say I've ever seen a .blog or even a .forum. I think a simple .com, .net, or .org TLD is fine, and these other extensions are overpriced. (Especially .forum, I'm not sure where these prices even come from...) I have used a .wiki domain for a project in the past, since the community thought it would fit the site better.

Never heard of these domain extensions before, very interesting. But, it almost seems kind of ridiculous how many domain extension options are available nowadays.

I can get that domain for just $5 on Namecheap, however, it renews at $24. I have never used it and I don't think I will use this domain until the price comes down to $10.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Unread Posts

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 20 80.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations