Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Blinds or Curtains?

Anachiwo

Reputable member
Credits
My parents used curtains in our homes when we were kids and it's still what they have now. But moving out and getting my own apartment, during the course of decorating my house, I was introduced to using blinds instead of curtains. I used it and liked it as it made the house look more neat and nice.

Advertisement Placeholder
Blinds are good but I prefer curtains for my living room and bed room but I could use blinds for other parts of the house like the study and my library room.

Blinds are more convenient for me. Just slightly less effort to close. Curtains are fin but I think they collect a lot of dust I'm not always willing to clean.

I personally myself prefer curtains to blinds as I feel they are more homely than just blinds. I love to be able to especially on cold winter nights be able to draw the curtains and shut the dark, cold evenings out. I at the moment do have blinds in both the front bedroom of my house and in my bedroom of the house due to the fact that we had work done and it was cheaper at the time for me to replace the curtains with blinds, but I am hoping to add curtains back to those rooms soon.

I parked into my new house recently and it's decorated using blinds. I wouldn't have it any other way especially with curtains. It's going to be an eyesaw for me to have curtains in a new apartment.

The only problem that I have with using of curtains is having to bring it down to wash them. I'm happy for washing machine, otherwise it's going to be hell trying to wash and dry them.
This is the kind of challenge I have when trying to wash my duvet. It's heavy and thick. Once water touches it, it's impossible for me to wash it all alone. The last time I had it washed, two of my brothers had to help out.

I’m personally more fond of blinds, particularly the thick ones that don’t tear up so easily like those thin ones do.
Blinds are definitely better with how they make the house look so good and simple. I'm very sure that's why most people are making use of it in their houses today. Even though some of it are very expensive, they are worth it.

We have both in the house. Curtains downstairs, blinds upstairs. :)

This is the kind of challenge I have when trying to wash my duvet. It's heavy and thick. Once water touches it, it's impossible for me to wash it all alone. The last time I had it washed, two of my brothers had to help out.
I do wash that using the washing machine. I can't kill myself trying to hand wash something as heavy as a duvet.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds