Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Best time to monetize your community?

D

Deleted member 403

Personally I prefer to hold for while and let the community grow before I tend to put any sort of ads on the site.
But there are others who tend to have ads running right from launch day.
When do you think is the right time to have advertisements on your website?

Advertisement Placeholder
When I launched my first website, adsense did not have tough rules. I started using adsense as soon as I launched my website. However, when my last website was approved, it already had 100K daily views and 35 articles.

Personally I prefer to hold for while and let the community grow before I tend to put any sort of ads on the site.
I think the best time to put ads is after you have gained traction and have some audience. Dedicated audience that really want to use forum or blog and find value in the blog. It is only after that can you put ads. Since the audience have already established the value of your blog or forum, they will tend to stick to the site and will not be thrown away or pushed off by the ads.

Also, adverts requires numbers in order to get impressions, therefore it doesn't make sense putting ads at launch because you will get no impressions.

I am of the opinion that that site or website needs to integrate advertisement money platform from the get-go because it's at that moment on moment that the users of the website we get accustomed to this advert.

Yes it is possible for you to put on adverts on your site once you begin but it is not a good idea, this might scare away from your site. you should wait for some time at least a period of 3 months before posting advert

That is the best approach. One of the reasons why many businesses crumble is that the owners focus on profit first, this should come later and not at start

Yes I also wait for sometime before start ads it is good idea to build some traffic and create content so community looks active and you can start with 1-2 ads spot on your website so you don't make your members unhappy.

Having ads on your site does not mean you are making money. You need traffic. This is something I learned recently. I guess you will have to wait until you have good traffic

That's very true. You may have just 5-10 pages and have just 5-10 daily visits and still use ads on your site. However, you may not be able to earn until you can see volume traffic.

On the ordinary you can only use AdSense if you have a certain amount of traffic, but asides that, you should only monetize your audience if you have enough, and have a lot of valuable things on the platform .

Although it can be done either way, I will go with you on this one as we are on the same page. I strongly feel that it does not make sense to monetize an empty community. The purpose of the ads is to create awareness to those who are already existing and not potentials that could stumble on the forum.

If the ads sponsors would agree to pay me from when I don't have members, I would not mind agreeing with them. Ads on a website makes it more professional.

It is good to allow a community grow before monetizing, this is because an investment when given time to grow yields more. It is a very wise thing to do.

Is better to have made a survey knowing much about it growth and having a better expectation that await in the future before investing.

Sometimes this always depend on how long it will take for you to meet the requirement for Google monetization, anytime you are able to meet the requirement there is nothing wrong by monetizing your blog, even when you don't meet the requirements you can still plait advert of companies or business organisation.

It will be very wise to wait untill one gets the right amount of traffic to his or her site before monetizing the platform. That way you will be more sure of making some real cash than when the site or platform is just new

Maybe the best time to monetize the forum is when there is a hundred members who are active and who are posting sensible contents. However, that is one problem if the forum is a PTP because the owner has to put up capital to pay the initial members in the build up of contents. That is why owning a forum is a big gamble because you spend at first without knowing if the site can earn from the ads.

i personally think that a community should be monetized once it's fully launched, bug free and sort of passed the beginning period (has members already and sort of regular traffic)

I think it's better to wait a while after launch to really get the most benefit from monetized community.
It will be more interesting if you wet the people's appetite, making them ready and expectant, also advertise the community during the waiting period to improve traffic.

I think its simply better to feed it with quality contents first, then try as much to get traffic win over people through the contents you generate before on bringing ads.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds