Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Best time to monetize your community?

Maybe the best time to monetize the forum is when there is a hundred members who are active and who are posting sensible contents. However, that is one problem if the forum is a PTP because the owner has to put up capital to pay the initial members in the build up of contents. That is why owning a forum is a big gamble because you spend at first without knowing if the site can earn from the ads.
That's correct, the owner of the community should first pay from his pocket before his communty ca earn via advertising. Paid to post site needs a big invesment.

Advertisement Placeholder
Personally I prefer to hold for while and let the community grow before I tend to put any sort of ads on the site.
But there are others who tend to have ads running right from launch day.
When do you think is the right time to have advertisements on your website?
For me, its into two ways... if I have the capacity, I mean financial capacity to run the website without ads I will do, but if I don't I see nothing bad in running ads from the beginning...

You should start monetizing your community as soon as you start getting organic traffic from the post on the forum. You can do this by promoting affiliate offer or display adverts.

If you have an ad network that can accept you easily,you can put ads from day 1. It'll allow you to monitor the ads and test the rates effectively. You'll also be motivated to look for traffic.

I think traffic sucks is also important as well as the amount. There are some advert platform that will require you to have at least 10000 page view on a website before you start monetizing with them.

In the beginning, when adsesne did not require manual approval for every site you submit, I used to run adsense ads from day one, however, these days adsense analyzes websites manually and I have to wait for weeks before I can run ads.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds