Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Best time to launch a new forum?

Martee

Mythical member
Credits
Obviously when launching a forum, the great thing is that you can simply do it anytime you like in all honesty however, do you think there is an optimal time for launching a forum? For myself, I would personally see what the niche is before I decide on a date. For the most part, I would simply launch straight away and get content strewn throughout the site but in my mind, I feel that if for example, I had a sports forum.

I would spend maybe a few weeks before doing a public launch to build blog posts, get some posts ready, and launch right in the Summer holidays because presumably, that is when a lot of people would play sport. That's just me though, what is your opinion on the best time to launch?

Advertisement Placeholder
I tend to have some sort of ADD (luckily we don't have too many shrinks in my country, I'd be under medication :D), so for me a new idea will get put into action in minutes. The bad things is that I have some money on my paypal account at all times, a reseller account and access to a good registrar. So ...

There's no good or bad time for me to start a forum. Sure, in the past I did open some and had no idea where I'd take them, but I'd like to think I'm over this now

I aim for a weekend opening and at an earlier time for people in the States so it's around afternoon time in other countries. Of course before I even think about opening I have everything I could think of prepared (posted that in another topic).

Summer opening, a lot of kids with spare time floating about google looking for a forum to join; of course they may not be as active during school months but by then hopefully you've gain some more permanently active and hopefully older members.

After a few days or weeks, after you have everything planned out, etc. Such as domain, some content, design, etc.

I think the best time to launch the forum is when you think it is ready to be launched. Since you are the admin, you should determine when it is a good time for the launch.

I agree with people who say during a break or holiday like Summer. More people are online. I like to start with a contest or giveaway so I gain lots of initial activity.

I personally like to launch forums during the winter when everyone is inside and trying to find something to do rather than be cold.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds