Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Being reported by your fellow staff?

Credits
I have worked in a manager's position in one company some years ago and there's a lot of things that goes on which if you don't know how to manage well, you're going to end up making series of mistakes. There was a time when a staff came to report her fellow staff of flirting with a customer. I had that investigated but it turned out to be a lie. I had to call the staff and gave her serious warning never to try and feed me lies again against her coworkers for any reason whatsoever.

How would you handle such case?

Advertisement Placeholder
I have worked in a manager's position in one company some years ago and there's a lot of things that goes on which if you don't know how to manage well, you're going to end up making series of mistakes. There was a time when a staff came to report her fellow staff of flirting with a customer. I had that investigated but it turned out to be a lie. I had to call the staff and gave her serious warning never to try and feed me lies again against her coworkers for any reason whatsoever.

How would you handle such case?

These cases are quite common in many places. I think that a co-worker may wrongly accuse the other worker due to the fact that they may be jealous of them and they wanted them to get fired or lose their job. Professional jealousy is a real thing.

I think it depends on what is happening. If there is clear evidence someone is doing something wrong, like in the case OP brought up, where someone was flirting. Was the flirting obvious enough? There's a lot that comes into it, because you also don't want to accuse someone of lying to you about an accusation.

You need to investigate all sides and make your choice based on that.

I think it depends on what is happening. If there is clear evidence someone is doing something wrong, like in the case OP brought up, where someone was flirting. Was the flirting obvious enough? There's a lot that comes into it, because you also don't want to accuse someone of lying to you about an accusation.

You need to investigate all sides and make your choice based on that.

It was something that I had to carry out a detailed investigation into in order to get to the bottom of it. I even ended up giving the customer a call before I had the sales tracked and retrieved the customers contact details. After speaking with him, because I needed a backing from what I saw on CCTV, he assured me there wasn't any act of flirting by the staff towards him.

I have run multiple businesses and I have worked with as many as 10 staff in my team. However, I never experienced that sort of thing. My staff never reported anything against another staff. I have also worked for a couple of companies and I have not heard of any reportings against another staff.

It was something that I had to carry out a detailed investigation into in order to get to the bottom of it. I even ended up giving the customer a call before I had the sales tracked and retrieved the customers contact details. After speaking with him, because I needed a backing from what I saw on CCTV, he assured me there wasn't any act of flirting by the staff towards him.

Conducting a detailed investigation is necessary. This is because you may never arrive at the right conclusion in such kind of cases. However, what if you are not able to come to a conclusion? Most of the employers would simply overlook and carry on with their duties under such cases.

Being reported by your fellow staff or colleague it's something that should be taken into big consideration and not frowned upon with a sentimental look or activity. Yes, is there different reasons why such could happen eg. Envy, jealousy etc. You could be good you could be bad but investigations of the highest importance so as to avoid not acting in a way that would result to regret later on.

I really don't work under anyone but then again I can understand this feeling. There are those who would want to gain favour from the boss by reporting every single detail or fault their fellow staff made and I wouldn't know how I would react under such situation.

This kind of situation usually happens in work environment especially for those who are planted to give information about what goes on during the working hours. People should always be conscious about it..

Being reported by your fellow staff or colleague it's something that should be taken into big consideration and not frowned upon with a sentimental look or activity. Yes, is there different reasons why such could happen eg. Envy, jealousy etc. You could be good you could be bad but investigations of the highest importance so as to avoid not acting in a way that would result to regret later on.

Jealousy could be one of the biggest reasons for why a person may not be able to work properly and he or she may get reported in a continuous manner. However, when this happens, I think that the manager may notice this and they may not take the complainant seriously.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds