Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Begging

Jason

Legendary member
Bronze Member
Website
drummerlesson.com
Do you beg? How do you feel about beggars? I think people should try to give and God will repay the dishonest.

I don't beg and I never give money to beggars because you never know what their intention with my money could be. They could be a con artist or buying drugs and alcohol with my money for all I know, so it's very tough to give someone free money who could be potentially using it for not-so-good reasons.

I don't judge. If I spare money, I will give it - if not I will not.

It is not up to me what a homeless person does with the donated money - Obviously I would rather they buy food, but if they are addicted to drugs, going cold turkey can be just as lethal as not eating.

I do lots of work with a local homeless charity, handing out care packages and the like. Even the people "conning" the system are never as well off as we assume.

I don't beg and I never give money to beggars because you never know what their intention with my money could be. They could be a con artist or buying drugs and alcohol with my money for all I know, so it's very tough to give someone free money who could be potentially using it for not-so-good reasons.
I feel the same as well. Instead of money, it's better to give them food or something that they can use daily in their life.

Begging runs like a business in India. They start begging due to being poor but they continue doing it because of earning a lot by doing literally nothing but taking advantage of kind and empathetic people. If you visit India, NEVER fall in trap of a beggar. If you see someone doing something and earning, you can donate to them. But don't give it to beggars. They are professionals. It might sound unreal but it is the way it is here.

Fun Fact: The richest beggar in the world is from India with a net worth of 1 Million Dollars. So, you can imagine what it is like.🤷‍♂️

I fortunately have not been in the position where I've had to beg. I think I would seek out help from centers if I was put into that position. I know of resources if needed like food pantries and etc.

I no longer give cash to people who beg though. I've seen multiple times where they weren't truly in need or if they were they wasted the money on something not needed. I donate frequently through my work to shelters and etc that provide resources though.

I no longer give cash to people who beg though. I've seen multiple times where they weren't truly in need or if they were they wasted the money on something not needed. I donate frequently through my work to shelters and etc that provide resources though.
I don't give just to any homeless person I see. I ask around at work about them. There's a disabled man that everyone knows about and I give him money. Then there's a homeless woman who is on meth and acts insane because of the drugs. I don't give her anything. Some of the restaurants will give her free food and she'll rattle off swear words and make really disturbing noises. Some people you just can't help.

Take chances to be a decent human being, but be conscious and do right by the people who are close and who may have more struggles than you realize. Your odds will be better than chucking money into a void you cannot understand the circumstances of, although if you can even for a stranger, take a chance. Even then I've given to people clearly in need and had them blow it on drugs. Simply handing out money is not a solution either individually or in society.

I doubt the experience of begging would be familiar in a frankly lofty profession like having one's own internet forum, but it would be interesting to hear from someone who may have worked up to that point from somewhere far less.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds